Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you keep reinstalling Windows, will it make your computer slow?
I have a gaming desktop PC and I have been reinstalling and installing Windows a couple times, will it make my computer slow? If yes! Is there a way to fix it.

if you keep reinstalling windows you will kill the hard drive check your hard drive health

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

what version of windows are you using?

did you reinstalled operating system by using recovery partition?

(06-12-2016, 06:42 PM)Compton Wrote:  if you keep reinstalling windows you will kill the hard drive check your hard drive health

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows
Hi compton, thank you for replying to my thread so quickly, I apprecate it! I have checked my ssd with seatools and crystal disk and it is in perfect health

did you check the computer for malware

No it will not make your pc run slow. How long have you used this ssd? And is trim enabled all the time you have been using it? In windows 8,10 windows will set your ssd up for you ,but in windows 7 you have to enable it yourself . I always check to make sure it is enabled just to be safe.
WannaBeGeek

if you keep formatting the drive you will damage the drive over time

but you have tested the drive so its not that

After doing some research, rewriting a drive, which is what you are doing when reinstalling windows, will not bother SSD's. They are dependable between 5 and 8 years considering which manufacture you have. You'd have to rewrite a SSD 5GB per day for 5 years before and degradation occurs. As far as HDD's you could be wearing an HDD down more quickly than it is normal every time you rewrite. Hope this helps.

(06-13-2016, 03:21 PM)Kevin_Adair Wrote:  After doing some research, rewriting a drive, which is what you are doing when reinstalling windows, will not bother SSD's.  They are dependable between 5 and 8 years considering which manufacture you have..  As far as HDD's you could be wearing an HDD down more quickly than it is normal every time you rewrite.  Hope this helps.

What do you mean when you said ' You'd have to rewrite a SSD 5GB per day for 5 years before and degradation occurs'.

I think what should be consider is that every time you format or rewrite/write you are creating heat on the SSD chip
which that only can make a hard drive go bad 5 to 8 years is a bit much to put on any hard drive
if you push any hard drive too hard it will go bad

away guys this tread s not about hard drive lifespan

REC560 did you check the system for malware is your computer actually working slow?