Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 upgrade problem
Hi everyone,
I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately something went wrong because the option to go back to Windows 7 is not available

The reason given is "The folders were deleted from this PC"

This is a pain as it now means backing up all user data, then reinstalling Windows 7 clean which means even more work installing the laptop drivers and also the programs that were installed would be gone

However a glimmer of hope, I found a Windows backup Image admittedly from 2012 but it would allow a image of the the laptop at that time to be loaded and if I make a back up of all the current data I could simply put that data back in the users profile and everything would be as close to as it was before Windows 10 installed

Can anyone see any issues with what I plan and even if it makes sense

thank you

tmy

Well your computer would be restored to how it was in 2012 (4 years ago). You would still have the headache of doing all of the updates to current and removing all outdated software and security. I think you might as well re-install Windows 7 fresh and just get things going from there unless you have some proprietary software that you don't have access to anymore. Back up all data first of course.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

what you are saying you have windows 7 image of your laptop all you have to do is to restore it ?
restoring  the image would work but like timster said lots work to do

if you reinstall windows 7 I would then create system and  image keeping that image up to date

(06-15-2016, 04:05 PM)Timster Wrote:  Well your computer would be restored to how it was in 2012 (4 years ago). You would still have the headache of doing all of the updates to current and removing all outdated software and security. I think you might as well re-install Windows 7 fresh and just get things going from there unless you have some proprietary software that you don't have access to anymore. Back up all data first of course.

Hi Timster,
thank you I agree, the only problem was an accounting program that was deleted by Microsoft, but I'm confident it could be sourced again.

many thank again great help

tmy

(06-15-2016, 04:07 PM)Compton Wrote:  what you are saying you have windows 7 image of your laptop all you have to do is to restore it ?
restoring  the image would work but like timster said lots work to do

if you reinstall windows 7 I would then create system and  image keeping that image up to date

Hi Compton,
thank you for getting in touch I will just back up user data and then reinstall Windows 7

this way it will be back up and running a lot quicker

many thanks

tmy

I found this article ,you might be interested in.https://www.howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/
WannaBeGeek