Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Thumbnail View Problems
I will do my best to explain my problem its kind of hard for me to word it correctly.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have an annoying issue where the way a thumbnail of a picture displays the image is sometimes side ways.

Example: I upload pictures to my computer, when I go into the folder that has the pictures about half the time the thumbnail preview will display the picture as sideways but when you open up the picture to rotate edit the picture will be correct. I want my thumbnails to show me the pictures as they are instead of I guess flipping them and previewing them the way windows thinks is correct.

So in the picture I'm attaching it will show a test picture showing that the thumbnail shows the image upside down & on the right side it will show the picture opened up and its right side up.

[img][Image: Demo.jpg][/img]

try this How to Enable or Disable Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer in Windows 10

(06-28-2016, 11:45 PM)Compton Wrote:  try this How to Enable or Disable Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello, I tried the settings on that site it just isn't the fix I am needing. I don't want to turn off my thumbnails I just want windows to stop auto rotating the view display of my thumbnail picture.

For the work that I do I am frequently uploading pictures & generally I just open my picture folder & I can tell if any of the pictures need to be adjusted based off the thumbnail. Now I have no idea how they will upload unless I open them in a program because the thumbnail display is wrong.

https://www.windows-repair-toolbox.com/

I have a idea on how to fix your problem. Download windows repair tool box and run the fixwin, WinRepair AIO program. I think this is a good try. If you want help I will make a short tutorial for you.
WannaBeGeek

This is an auto rotation feature that has been around since Windows 8. Basically the original photo has been rotated by some picture software but the original rotation tag is still in the metadata of the picture file. Windows 8 and windows 10 identifies that fact and actually puts the picture back in to the original rotation state.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Double Clutch THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU, You sir are a genius!! The WinRepair AIO fixed it!!!

So since winrepair reset things I was able to see that the thumbnail issue was a result of my default program that I was using to open pictures.

My program of choice has always been Microsoft Office Picture Manager - which when set to be my default program to open Jpegs causes the weird thumbnail issue.

Since the repair it reset me back to default which is using the native windows 10 picture opener program which makes everything look normal on the thumbnails. Which is all I care about.

Seems I can choose any program under the sun to be the default Jpeg opener & my thumbnails are fine. It just goes crazy when I choose Office Picture Manager.

So to wrap everything up it would seem that the problem isn't with Windows 10 but more with Office 2007 & whatever it has to do with making goofy thumbnails.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to make suggestions & help my through this. You are all rock stars =).

Good job Double clutch. Problem solved...Thread closed
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net