Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android x86 + Virtualbox issue
Android is Linux, that's why I am posting my issue here.
So I installed Android 6.0 x86 on my Virtual Machine. But when I was trying to get to the internet I was constantly getting crashes. I recorded the video of the issue. Maybe someone will know how to fix that.

[Image: 56o2VFH.png]

Also. Is it possible to make screen resolution bigger? If i try to use wm in terminal it throws out a bunch of garbage:
[Image: uvjpFdJ.png]

were did you download ISO from?

(07-21-2016, 11:24 AM)Compton Wrote:  were did you download ISO from?

From here. Isn't it official Android x86 website?

the problem could that Virtual box and VM is not fully compatibly with version  Android 6.0
I would go with android-x86-4.4-r5.iso see how it work android-x86

Oh. I found something

Quote:Google Play service crashes sometimes on Intel Gen8+ GPUs.
Google Play service and built-in Browser crash on a software rendering device.
Suspend and resume doesn't work on some devices.

Is there a way to turn off software rendering?

I don,t think you can disable software rendering disable hardware acceleration in virtualbox

i didn't know if Android is part of the Linux

(07-22-2016, 02:23 AM)f23948 Wrote:  i didn't know if Android is part of the Linux

It is. Only difference is that the root access is harder, and usually you cannot browse system files easily (you need third party application).

Going back to the topic. I installed VMWare and I hope there are some options to use Hardware Acceleration it it or something

Edit: Nope, not installing on VMWare

did you try disabling hardware acceleration in virtual box
if that don,t work Android 6.0 is probably not compatibly virtual box and VMware

(07-22-2016, 11:09 AM)Compton Wrote:  did you try disabling hardware  acceleration in virtual box
if that don,t work  Android 6.0 is probably not compatibly virtual box and VMware

[Image: gG0Ev0Q.png]
Then this happens. OK Vx-v and AMD-v have to be enabled. I can disble Nested Paging though.

I guess VirtualBox isn't compatible with Android 6.0