Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avast! can't start service
i have tried repair Avast but it's not working, also i tried uninstall and reinstall Avast still it's not working, any suggestions? i am using Avast program latest version
[Image: FU1HZTt.png]

uninstall avast

how to Uninstall a program using Geek Uninstaller

i have tried uninstall with Geek uninstaller and reinstall still none is not working

I would go into the registry and see if the uninstaller is removing all of avasts files if not delete them. Backup your registry first. And then I would try to download avast again only get it by clicking on windows eight.

WannaBeGeek

ok Uninstall Avast with geek  uninstaller download  Everything Search search avast  I would go with portable version  

Try removing it with the help of Avast's Uninstall Utility available at https://www.avast.com/en-gb/uninstall-utility

Follow the instructions specified there properly, restart the pc and then reinstall Avast

I have been using Avast for a long time and have been installing this program on many of my client machines. I can say for certain that over the last year I have had numerous issues with Avast on Windows 10 machines and now Windows 8.1 I am also getting issues with Avast popping up there also. It is strange because on some machines it runs great but on others it causes all sorts of strange issues over time. I even go in and dumb down some of the "added" features of Avast in hopes of it staying stable. I am officially done with Avast for my clients as I have seen some of my customers returning months later with strange issues that I determine is caused by Avast.

f23948 I have another client computer on my bench right now with the exact same issue. Avast has been on this clients machine for over a year and now the real time service is broken. I have uninstalled and re-installed. Used the Avast removal took in safe mode. Gone through and deleted all registry keys related to Avast. But every time Avast is re-installed the real time service is not running. It seems Avast hooks itself also in the permissions and some sys.wow entries cannot be deleted. I know I can gain access if I wanted to but by now it's just not worth the hassle. Avast will just bomb out again sometime down the road.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

I would pick another software Sounds like avast is having issues. What Timster said that was priceless information.
WannaBeGeek

It seems the issue has been fixed now.. It was a known issue to Avast and they were working on it

Check the thread at https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189221.0

Just follow their instructions as specified below in order to resolve the issue...

UPDATE:

This is now fixed. All fresh installations are OK from now on.
For existing affected users, if it doesn't update automatically, the fastest way to fix it is to run C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastEmUpdate.exe and then reboot.

thank you Partha