Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background Becoming Black
(08-08-2016, 12:03 AM)Compton Wrote:  base on what I  am seeing its a video driver problem or failing video card
do you have on on board  graphics so

To me this seems like a windows issue. If it was the graphics card then the whole screen would turn black.
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

Try this go to windows logo left click, left click settings, in settings choose personalization,  choose color. scroll down to high contrast settings, left click. it should look like this. If it looks different the setting has been changed. And we need to get it back to default.

WannaBeGeek

(08-08-2016, 12:28 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  Try this go to windows logo left click, left click settings, in settings choose personalization,  choose color. scroll down to high contrast settings, left click. it should look like this. If it looks different the setting has been changed. And we need to get it back to default.

Yep it looks like that

Do you have your background set to be a solid color?
WannaBeGeek

(08-08-2016, 12:59 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  Do you have your background set to be a solid color?

No

What's it set to?
WannaBeGeek

(08-08-2016, 01:06 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  What's it set to?

It is set to the default windows background.

Have you read this? https://goo.gl/skvW4i
WannaBeGeek

Could be a Windows issue indeed however I would like to see the results using another video card. Even a cheap $30 pci-e card just to test with.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

I think it would be better if he resets the PC or even better, if he performs a clean install of Windows before making the purchase

If we realize that the video card is at fault, it would anyway have to be replaced and so I'd say let's first reinstall the OS and see

Hi wolfpack103, I would like you to try these following steps first and let us know the results

1. Click Start, paste the following text into the search box, and then press Enter
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\

2. Right-click the TranscodedWallpaper file and rename it to something else like TranscodedWallpaper.old

3. If slideshow.ini is listed, open it in Notepad, select all the text in slideshow.ini if any exists, and then press Delete on the keyboard.

4. On the File menu, click Save and close Notepad