Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background Becoming Black
Ok please before we reinstall the display driver, unplug any external devices report back.

If you don't want to follow the advice of this forum, that's fine we are only trying to help. If you would like you can receive remote assist from a certified Technician for a fee, it is against forum rules to assist through private message. I will help you as long as you would like me too.
WannaBeGeek

I was informed by wolfpack103 via a private message that this issue of his is intermittent

He specified another issue that could be related to this, where his desktop icons have a black square around them

If he drags his mouse pointer on the desktop randomly by keeping either of the mouse buttons pressed, the areas that are selected as a result turn black as well. It gets fixed temporarily if the windows explorer is restarted

I have requested wolfpack103 to post his messages with respect to this in this thread since private messages are not to be used for technical support

Hi wolfpack103,

I would like you to clear the thumbnail cache as explained at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5655-thumbnail-cache-clear-reset-windows-10-a.html

Restart your system next and let us know the results

Partha perhaps wolfpack103 can try switching themes and see if that changes the behavior. I have seen corrupt custom themes cause similar issues
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

I am requesting this tread t to be close, it seemed help have already been given by PM also I have requested that Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool wolfpack103 still continue to ask for help by PM you have been officially warn the rules of this forum be enforced

thank you

Wolfpack103 is ignoring forum rules. wolfpack103 was told the rules of this forum, and continues to PM Moderators. I am requesting this thread to be closed also.
WannaBeGeek

(08-05-2016, 02:30 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  Wolfpack103 is ignoring forum rules. wolfpack103 was told the rules of this forum, and continues to PM Moderators. I am requesting this thread to be closed also.

Sorry about this PMing issue I am still very new to the forums. I will not post on this thread instead of PMing mods.
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

wolfpack103 please publish all questions and troubleshooting results in reference to this topic open for everyone to view as this will aid in members who are trying to get your problem solved.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(08-05-2016, 04:10 AM)Timster Wrote:  wolfpack103 please publish all questions and troubleshooting results in reference to this topic open for everyone to view as this will aid in members who are trying to get your problem solved.

Yes I know I am really sorry I just realised that.

(08-05-2016, 01:38 AM)Timster Wrote:  Partha perhaps wolfpack103 can try switching themes and see if that changes the behavior. I have seen corrupt custom themes cause similar issues

Yes, it can definitely be because of a theme as well.. wolfpack103, please try removing your existing theme or switching themes and let us know what happens

.. and by the way, have you removed the thumbnail cache like I asked you to?

(08-05-2016, 05:01 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(08-05-2016, 01:38 AM)Timster Wrote:  Partha perhaps wolfpack103 can try switching themes and see if that changes the behavior. I have seen corrupt custom themes cause similar issues

Yes, it can definitely be because of a theme as well.. wolfpack103, please try  removing your existing theme or switching themes and let us know what happens

.. and by the way, have you removed the thumbnail cache like I asked you to?

Yes I removed the thumbnail cache but it didn't work