Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you make your computer run faster?
Hello people of the britec forums

My pc has been running a bit slow lately and I was wondering if I could make it run faster somehow. I have ccleaner and advanced system care but they don't seem to help. I regularly empty my temp folder and my prefetch folder and that doesn't seem to help either. Right now it says I am using 70% of my ram and I only have google chrome,Skype and settings open and I have a total of 8 gig of ram. Should I upgrade my ram for my pc to run faster? Or is there a program to make it run faster?

Thanks -wolfpack
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

A Solid State Drive really helps. See if this tutorial helps you.      

https://goo.gl/rBvily
WannaBeGeek

wolfpack103, you have to understand that there are processes that run quietly in the background, some of which are required to run the OS

Processes are loaded into the RAM to be executed by the processor and if there are a ton of processes running, the RAM would get utilized just as in your case

I've seen an array of bloatware in your system, and if you remove them properly, you will easily see the difference

If you perform a clean boot, you should see a considerable drop in the RAM usage

link for the clean boot - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/929135

(08-10-2016, 06:02 AM)Partha Wrote:  wolfpack103, you have to understand that there are processes that run quietly in the background, some of which are required to run the OS

Processes are loaded into the RAM to be executed by the processor and if there are a ton of processes running, the RAM would get utilized just as in your case

I've seen an array of bloatware in your system, and if you remove them properly, you will easily see the difference

The programs I have on my PC I use every day. To make my PC run faster should I upgrade my ram and buy an SSD?

can you tell is what programs you have on pc that makes it faster

(08-10-2016, 11:56 AM)Compton Wrote:  can you tell is what programs you have on pc that makes it faster

Ccleaner and Advanced system care 9

I am really not a fan  Advanced system care 9

can you attach the startup log how to save your start-up programs as a text file with CCleaner

(08-10-2016, 12:12 PM)Compton Wrote:  I am really not a fan  Advanced system care 9

can you attach the startup log how to save your start-up programs as a text file with CCleaner

Here is the log

Attached Files
.txt   startup log.txt (Size: 6.86 KB / Downloads: 704)

that a lot of startup items I would only have my antivirus set to startup