Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with a Java program running in Windows10
(08-25-2016, 05:06 PM)Timster Wrote:  
(08-25-2016, 02:54 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  
(08-25-2016, 02:48 PM)Timster Wrote:  
(08-25-2016, 01:58 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  Does any one else think the CPU is running hot.

I think the cpu temp is fine. Normal temps for that chip at idle is about 30c.

His is running 61c. when the issue is happening. I was thinking that was pushing max?

From what I am reading that is still within safe specs.
Can you rephrase what you are saying please

basic on what I am seeing its Java problem or windows 10 I would wait to see if Java would release an updated version or maybe windows 10 may release updates that will fix the problem

I don,t understand why people run java its a big security risk

(08-25-2016, 05:17 PM)Compton Wrote:  basic on what I am seeing its Java problem or windows 10 I would wait to see if Java would release an updated  version or maybe windows 10 may release updates that will fix the problem

I don,t understand why people run java its a big security risk
Fair point Compton, I don't use Java, your right it is a big security risk, I think to fix this issue is to remove Java using Revo Uninstaller Pro like Partha said and then download JDWILDFIRE windows 64 bit with java from this link https://www.andreas-maschke.com/?page_id=351.

Revo Uninstaller free version or geek Uninstaller should do the trick for removing java

then I would run search everything to make sure all java files are remove

Revo Uninstaller Free

geek Uninstaller

Everything Search Engine

Well with respect to all I would like to see that case cooled down and see if the issue still remains. This article says that chip is only good for 55C. It says above sixty is bad. And you are at 61C. Read the third post down from top of page.

https://goo.gl/LEJZLp
WannaBeGeek

So sorry to be absent from the great help you guys have been providing!!
Please accept my apologies!

I actually stumbled on the trigger of the problem, it was what I was wondering and had thought was covered in my initial investigation of causes.

The graphics card, AMD R9 380 comes bundled with a program that allows you to record the screen while playing games and it is called "Plays.tv".
It is set by default to be on ready to record when you put a game on.

So, when I updated the card and/or the Java version this Plays.tv program was conflicting with Java and causing the problem!
I turned off Plays.tv and the problem disappeared. I ran my JWILDFIRE program for several hours without any problem and then rebooted the computer and tried it, still with Plays.tv turned off, then ran JWILDFIRE again for a couple more hours and using Fractals that I know have had this problem show up on.
Still no problem.

Then I turned on Plays.tv again, ran JWILDFIRE and Bam! The problem happened almost instantly!
Turned it back off and the problem went away, so I have told the user group on Facebook and the people who were having this problem solved it the same way.
All users with the problem had this Plays.tv running in the background!
All are fine now ?!
I am sending a bug report to both Oracle and AMD to inform them of this conflict.

Like I said, Thank You All for your determination in helping solve this problem!!

You guys rock!

(09-03-2016, 08:09 AM)CraigBak Wrote:  So sorry to be absent from the great help you guys have been providing!!
Please accept my apologies!

I actually stumbled on the trigger of the problem, it was what I was wondering and had thought was covered in my initial investigation of causes.

The graphics card, AMD R9 380 comes bundled with a program that allows you to record the screen while playing games and it is called "Plays.tv".
It is set by default to be on ready to record when you put a game on.

So, when I updated the card and/or the Java version this Plays.tv program was conflicting with Java and causing the problem!
I turned off Plays.tv and the problem disappeared. I ran my JWILDFIRE program for several hours without any problem and then rebooted the computer and tried it, still with Plays.tv turned off, then ran JWILDFIRE again for a couple more hours and using Fractals that I know have had this problem show up on.
Still no problem.

Then I turned on Plays.tv again, ran JWILDFIRE and Bam! The problem happened almost instantly!
Turned it back off and the problem went away, so I have told the user group on Facebook and the people who were having this problem solved it the same way.
All users with the problem had this Plays.tv running in the background!
All are fine now ?!
I am sending a bug report to both Oracle and AMD to inform them of this conflict.

Like I said, Thank You All for your determination in helping solve this problem!!

You guys rock!
Glad you got your problem sorted, Problem Solved - Thread Closed

I am glad to know that you figured that out. Take care.