Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with a Java program running in Windows10
(08-23-2016, 03:18 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 03:16 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  Tried it, it tells me that I have the latest software

Have you verified if the developer isn't able to reproduce the issue on Windows 10 with the anniversary update?

Did the other users you mentioned, also start experiencing this since the anniversary update?

The Dev says he cannot reproduce the issue, but there are users using Win7 so, that kinda rules that out doesn't it?

(08-23-2016, 03:28 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  It always seems to be when the fan is in high gear.

I doubt if the fans will ever be in the highest gear if you just use that program unless, if you perform a stress test of your graphics hardware

By the way, which graphics card do you have?

I would also like you to open the task manager when that thing happens, and check the memory and hard disk usage

(08-23-2016, 03:30 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 03:16 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  Tried it, it tells me that I have the latest software

Have you verified if the developer isn't able to reproduce the issue on Windows 10 with the anniversary update?

Did the other users you mentioned, also start experiencing this since the anniversary update?

The Dev says he cannot reproduce the issue, but there are users using Win7 so, that kinda rules that out doesn't it?
Kinda but not necessarily.. we do not know the exact cause for the problems on their computers

Maybe their hardware are just not capable enough or perhaps their Java versions are corrupt, or maybe there's some other conflict.. there could be various reasons

I would like you to open the task manager when that problem occurs, check the RAM and hard disk utilizations and let us know

(08-23-2016, 03:39 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 03:28 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  It always seems to be when the fan is in high gear.

I doubt if the fans will ever be in the highest gear if you just use that program unless, if you perform a stress test of your graphics hardware

I would also like you to open the task manager when that thing happens, and check the memory and hard disk usage

Kinda but not necessarily.. we do not know the exact cause for the problems on their computers

Maybe their hardware are just not capable enough or perhaps their Java versions are corrupt, or maybe there's some other conflict.. there could be various reasons

I would like you to open the task manager when that problem occurs, check the RAM and hard disk utilization and let us know

(08-23-2016, 03:50 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  

I would like you to open the task manager when that problem occurs, check the RAM and hard disk utilization and let us know

The CPU is always running @100% when rendering in this program, it is very intensive as it has millions of calculations to perform, nothing new, except this window bug.
The SShot is showing at the time that the program is just making changes to the colour palettes, usual workflow and not usually so intensive on cpu.

(08-23-2016, 03:18 PM)Partha Wrote:  Have you verified if the developer isn't able to reproduce the issue on Windows 10 with the anniversary update?

The CPU is always running @100% when rendering in this program, it is very intensive as it has millions of calculations to perform, nothing new, except this window bug.
The SShot is showing at the time that the program is just making changes to the colour palettes, usual workflow and not usually so intensive on cpu.

Sorry, my graphics card is AMD R9 380

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks, Craig. The CPU utilization is surprisingly high for just one open application

I would like you to open the task manager again when it happens and this time, select the Processes tab, click CPU as illustrated below, and send us its screenshot

I want to see which  processes are taking up most of the CPU resources when that happens

(08-23-2016, 03:23 PM)REC560 Wrote:  
Have you tried system restore?

Tried the system restore about 3-4 days after this started.

(08-23-2016, 03:50 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  The CPU is always running @100% when rendering in this program, it is very intensive as it has millions of calculations to perform, nothing new, except this window bug.

I don't think it is normal for the CPU to be utilized like that even if there are millions of calculations to handle, especially for a processor like yours

It's an eight-core processor after all and AMD FX 8350 in particular should be able to handle those tasks with ease

(08-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Partha Wrote:  Thanks, Craig. The CPU utilization is surprisingly high for just one open application

I would like you to open the task manager again when it happens and this time, select the Processes tab, click CPU as illustrated below, and send us its screenshot

I want to see which  processes are taking up most of the CPU resources when that happens

It took longer this time to happen, not used to trying to Make it happen -LOL!

Please upload that screenshot like I asked you to and also, open an elevated command prompt and run sfc /scannow

(08-23-2016, 04:18 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Partha Wrote:  Thanks, Craig. The CPU utilization is surprisingly high for just one open application

Close down Google Chrome and see if your cpu and memory goes down

(08-23-2016, 04:21 PM)REC560 Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:18 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  

Close down Google Chrome and see if your cpu and memory goes down

This is normal for the program to run at such high cpu, but during just simple editing it is acting like it is spiking at times.
The program is set to be able to use up to 6124mb of ram, so it is only just over a third of what is available to it.
Not sure about doing that other thing with the Elevated Command Prompt.???

I can't upload any SShot bigger than this because the forum message says they are too big ^500kb