Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Install ANY program/software on my laptop
Hi everyone. Recently , I have been having a problem with my Toshiba laptop. iTunes was the first problem I encountered when trying to install it I got an error message which was :

"iTunes installer completed , errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured . Your system has not been modified"

I have now found out it's not just itunes that won't install , no program/software will install on my laptop.I can download anything with no problems and browse the web but when I have to install anything I get an error every time. I am running Windows 10 64bit on an admin account (Updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8) I have tried doing a roll back on the account but still no look. What I found strange is when I go to services.msc I can't stop or restart a service , there all just greyed out. I really badly need to get this strange issue resolved asap. Can anyone help me out please.

(08-24-2016, 09:34 PM)SDxHD Wrote:  Hi everyone. Recently , I have been having a problem with my Toshiba laptop. iTunes was the first problem I encountered when trying to install it I got an error message which was :

"iTunes installer completed , errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured . Your system has not been modified"

I have now found out it's not just itunes that won't install , no program/software will install on my laptop.I can download anything with no problems and browse the web but when I have to install anything I get an error every time. I am running Windows 10 64bit on an admin account (Updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8)  I have tried doing a roll back on the account but still no look. What I found strange is when I go to services.msc I can't stop or restart a service , there all just greyed out. I really badly need to get this strange issue resolved asap. Can anyone help me out please.
Hi SDxHD, thanks for contacting the forums.
Try to refresh your PC. To do this, go to PC settings, Update and security, reset this PC, then choose the option, keep my files. Please note, this will erase all programs, drivers and will rebuild the operating system, you will need to reinstall your drivers and applications after the process. This will keep all your files but it is recommended to backup your files, just incase there is a problem with the installation.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

REC560

(08-24-2016, 09:47 PM)REC560 Wrote:  
(08-24-2016, 09:34 PM)SDxHD Wrote:  Hi everyone. Recently , I have been having a problem with my Toshiba laptop. iTunes was the first problem I encountered when trying to install it I got an error message which was :

I have now found out it's not just itunes that won't install , no program/software will install on my laptop.I can download anything with no problems and browse the web but when I have to install anything I get an error every time. I am running Windows 10 64bit on an admin account (Updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8)  I have tried doing a roll back on the account but still no look. What I found strange is when I go to services.msc I can't stop or restart a service , there all just greyed out. I really badly need to get this strange issue resolved asap. Can anyone help me out please.
Hi SDxHD, thanks for contacting the forums.
Try to refresh your PC. To do this, go to PC settings, Update and security, reset this PC, then choose the option, keep my files. Please note, this will erase all programs, drivers and will rebuild the operating system, you will need to reinstall your drivers and applications after the process. This will keep all your files but it is recommended to backup your files, just incase there is a problem with the installation. I also suggest creating a system image backup using macrium reflect incase the installation fails and your operating system stops working. download it from this link: https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

REC560
Also if that does not work, it is possible, you have a corrupt user account, you will need to make a new one and then copy all your files across to your new profile, check out this video created by britec, it is made for windows 8 but works on windows 10.