Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CRYPTOWALL 3.0
Brian was talking about a screenshot with the filenames in question, so that we could've identified if they were actually encrypted by that ransomware or not

Like Brian pointed out in one of his posts, files encrypted with CryptoWall usually have those strange letters at the end of their names

Nevertheless, at the end of the day, the files are corrupt. Now whether that happened due to the infection or something else is anyone's guess

(09-10-2016, 04:46 PM)Partha Wrote:  Brian was talking about a screenshot with the filenames in question, so that we could've identified if they were actually encrypted by that ransomware or not

Like Brian pointed out in one of his posts, files encrypted with CryptoWall usually have those strange letters at the end of their names

Nevertheless, at the end of the day, the files are corrupt. Now whether that happened due to the infection or something else is anyone's guess
Agree.
Any how please be sure the catalog with the filenames, d i d n o t include any filenames with strange letters.
The only " strange file names ", were the ones I mentioned before like 'HELP_DECRYPT.HTML' and 'HELP_DECRYPT'.
None else.

(09-10-2016, 04:57 PM)george759 Wrote:  Agree.
Any how please be sure the catalog with the filenames, d i d   n o t  include any filenames with strange letters.
The only " strange file names ", were the ones I mentioned before like  'HELP_DECRYPT.HTML' and 'HELP_DECRYPT'.
None else.

Yes, I know

Just look at the views this thread has. We've made it popular!! LOL

(09-10-2016, 04:57 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-10-2016, 04:57 PM)george759 Wrote:  Agree.
Any how please be sure the catalog with the filenames, d i d   n o t  include any filenames with strange letters.
The only " strange file names ", were the ones I mentioned before like  'HELP_DECRYPT.HTML' and 'HELP_DECRYPT'.
None else.

Yes, I know

Just look at the views this thread has. We've made it popular!! LOL
All thanks to you guys Smile Smile Smile

P.S. The only sure thing, is that this AMADEUS.accdb (version MARCH 12, 2013), will remain in tact for the rest of my life.