Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CRYPTOWALL 3.0
(09-01-2016, 04:34 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-01-2016, 04:32 PM)george759 Wrote:  Upon right clicking, it suggests " EXCEL " and clicking with ' MORE APPS ', the scroll down the only relative shows        " EXCEL 2010" and nothing else

Were you trying to open an Excel file?

Same sort of errors.
I would like to say I am very obliged and moved with your efforts.

let me unroll my thoughts.
In all tree levels of my files (CD), I do not find any strange names with "Encryption" etc.
Today I made a directory 'AMA" in C:\ and tried to run the app.'EaseUS Data Recovery " as per Post #2 (just before you have posted yours). I set it for recovering the USB "AMADEUS" and its results to drop them to "AMA".
It ran. When i saw the results , I tried to open one .accdb file, with the known results. Upon exiting my eye caught in the list directory, something that looked like ENCRYPT.....FILES (VERY FEW). i got scared, and I immediately erased 'AMA" from both c:\ and Recycle Bin, as It came to my mind CRYPTOWALL.

When done with this, I ran The Zamana per your instructions, with no hazardous results. and then before making the CD file, I unplugged and plugged back again the USB stick, in the Panda suggestion to scan the USB, I said YES.
I son't know if the Panda software eliminated (????) The possible eNCYRTE FILES.... I HAVE NEVER OPEN THE USB 'AMADEUS' DIRECTORY.
Do you think I should recreate these Recovery again, but this time to drop it directly to a new CD ??

I don't understand why you need a recovery software when you already have all the files saved on the USB drive. The fact that you're not able to open those files, is another issue

Now as far as the directory AMADEUS is concerned, it should be safe to access since Zemana didn't find anything suspicous in there

(09-01-2016, 05:33 PM)Partha Wrote:  I don't understand why you need a recovery software when you already have all the files saved on the USB drive. The fact that you're not able to open those files, is another issue
Ok, I agree.
Sometime minds work in 6000 rpm.
I was just afraid if my data are corrupted and just Pand Security smoothed out in a bad way.

I am with you and let's try to find to open these files.
Thank tou again

(09-01-2016, 05:39 PM)george759 Wrote:  Ok, I agree.
I was just afraid if my data are corrupted and just Pand Security smoothed out in a bad way.

Thank tou again

I can understand, and you're welcome. I would like you to download WPS Office from https://wps.com/office-free by clicking on Download Free as illustrated below and install it

It's a nice alternative to Microsoft Office. Let's see if you can open the docx and xlsx files with WPS

Remember that in WPS Office, the Word alternative is called Writer, for PowerPoint it's Presentation, and for Excel it's Spreadsheets and hence the name WPS

(09-01-2016, 05:51 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-01-2016, 05:39 PM)george759 Wrote:  Ok, I agree.

Thank tou again

I can understand, and you're welcome. I would like you to download WPS Office from https://wps.com/office-free by clicking on Download Free as illustrated below and install it

It's a nice alternative to Microsoft Office. Let's see if you can open the docx and xlsx files with WPS

Remember that in WPS Office, the Word alternative is called Writer, for PowerPoint it's Presentation, and for Excel it's Spreadsheets and hence the name WPS
Partha,
I goofed. I am not used to, but I did it.
The Office I am using is 2010.
I did installed WPS successfuly, but results are not good.
do you want me to list them down for you ?? for me no problem.
Tell me what to do.
One idea is if I send you 1 docx file and 1 xlsx by email (directly to you). For the  accdb file i do not know, unless i zip it.

After examing the CD very carefully, I found one subdirectory that I hadn't used for a long time it oncly one xlsx file and another two files - one 'HELP_DECRYPT.HTML' and another 'HELP_DECRYPT'.
According to your opinion, what does this mean ?
This specific xlsx file I did not try to open.
The same thing happens also in other small directories.
I feel very dissapointed

I can understand the predicament and we will try to help. First, I would like to know very clearly what happened when you tried to open those files with WPS

Remember that you cannot open accdb files with it because WPS doesn't include an Access alternative

(09-02-2016, 05:43 AM)Partha Wrote:  I can understand the predicament and we will try to help. First, I would like to know very clearly what happened when you tried to open those files with WPS

Remember that you cannot open accdb files with it because WPS doesn't include an Access alternative

Thanks for your patience.
Just to mention that there is only one accdb file, and it is the heart of my app. you probably know how Access works.

Now regarding your questions and WPS.
EXCEL

Errors occur when WPS Spreadsheets opening this file
Please try one of the following :
* Make sure you are permitted to access this file or drive
* Make sure there is enough memory and disk space
* Make sure this file is recognizable format.

WORD

The file ..... cannot be opened bcause there are problems with the content
-> OK
Word found unreadable content in ......
Do you want to recover the contents of this document ? If you trust the source, click Yes
-> Yes
( Repeat ) The file ..... cannot be opened bcause there are problems with the content

It looks like the files are corrupt. Let's see if you can open those docx files with Google Docs or at least view them with their reader

I would like you to visit https://drive.google.com/ and log in with your Google account, upload one of the docx files there as illustrated below and see if it lets you view the file there

(09-02-2016, 06:55 AM)Partha Wrote:  It looks like the files are corrupt. Let's see if you can open those docx files with Google Docs or at least view them with their reader

I would like you to visit https://drive.google.com/ and log in with your Google account, upload one of the docx files there as illustrated below and see if it lets you view the file there

Unfortunately Nope

In a previous post of mine I wrote

" One idea is if I send you 1 docx file and 1 xlsx by email (directly to you). For the accdb file i do not know, unless i zip it.

After examing the CD very carefully, I found one subdirectory that I hadn't used for a long time it oncly one xlsx file and another two files - one 'HELP_DECRYPT.HTML' and another 'HELP_DECRYPT'.
According to your opinion, what does this mean ?
This specific xlsx file I did not try to open."

Would you like to comment on these ?

So what happened when you tried to open the file there? I want to know if it failed with a message

Please try to be precise

I would comment on them when I feel it's time to comment on them. It is important that we troubleshoot in a linear way.