Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to install windows 8 from USB, or DVD
I am unable to install Windows 8. I have tried installing from a USB 2.0 flash drive, and a USB DVD drive (the all-in-one desktop doesn't not boot from DVD's when I put the DVD when I put the dvd inside of the computer .)whenever I get to the section of the installation where I choose which hard drive I woild like to install Windows 8 onto, i get the following message:

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files."

I have tired the followong commands in the command line with no luck.

Start DISKPART

Type LIST DISK and identify your HDD disk number (from 0 to n disks).

Type SELECT DISK <n> where <n> is your HDD disk number.

Type LIST PARTITION

Type SELECT PARTITION <n> where <n> is your partition number of the last drive (Drive 0 Unallocated Space 20 Gb)

Type CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

Type ACTIVE

Type FORMAT FS=NTFS QUICK

Type ASSIGN

Type EXIT twice (one to get out of DiskPart, the other to exit the command line tool)

I have also tried disabling the audio and LAN controllers in the BIOS, with no luck. There are no other devices connected to the computer. No SD cards, or other USB drives. I am not sure what to do. Can anyone please help me?

(08-30-2016, 10:28 PM)deadbird101 Wrote:  I am unable to install Windows 8. I have tried installing from a USB 2.0 flash drive, and a USB DVD drive (the all-in-one desktop doesn't not boot from DVD's when I put the DVD when I put the dvd inside of the computer .)whenever I get to the section of the installation where I choose which hard drive I woild like to install Windows 8 onto, i get the following message:

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files."

I have tired the followong commands in the command line with no luck.

Start DISKPART

Type LIST DISK and identify your HDD disk number (from 0 to n disks).

Type SELECT DISK <n> where <n> is your HDD disk number.

Type LIST PARTITION

Type SELECT PARTITION <n> where <n> is your partition number of the last drive (Drive 0 Unallocated Space 20 Gb)

Type CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

Type ACTIVE

Type FORMAT FS=NTFS QUICK

Type ASSIGN

Type EXIT twice (one to get out of DiskPart, the other to exit the command line tool)

I have also tried disabling the audio and LAN controllers in the BIOS, with no luck. There are no other devices connected to the computer. No SD cards, or other USB drives. I am not sure what to do. Can anyone please help me?
Hi deadbird101, Welcome to the forums!
Try this solution for your problem:

Please note: this video was created by avoiderrors.net, It is not mine, all credit and rights go to Miguel
Thanks
REC560

I would also test the health of th ehard drive

Did you say you have two hard drives plugged in? If you do have two plugged in unplug the storage drive and leave the OS drive plugged in.
WannaBeGeek

REC560,

Thank you very much for the video. II was able to fix my problem by going to the website in the video description! I had to change my SATA controller type from "ACHI" to "IDE". I can't believe the solution was as simple as that. I was going to try and change the SATA controller type to IDE, but every forum that I read suggested that I have my SATA controller set to ACHI. I'm hoping that the webite that i will be providing a link for can help other like myself fix thier problem. thank you again so much!

Avoid Errors' Website: https://www.avoiderrors.net/unable-create-new-system-partition/

Compton,

I tested the health of the hard drive using crystal disk

Double clutch,

I only had 1 hard drive in the machine.

Thank you all for all of your help and support!

(08-31-2016, 10:20 PM)deadbird101 Wrote:  REC560,

Thank you very much for the video. II was able to fix my problem by going to the website in the video description! I had to change my SATA controller type from "ACHI" to "IDE". I can't believe the solution was as simple as that. I was going to try and change the SATA controller type to IDE, but every forum that I read suggested that I have my SATA controller set to ACHI. I'm hoping that the webite that i will be providing a link for can help other like myself fix thier problem. thank you again so much!

Avoid Errors' Website: https://www.avoiderrors.net/unable-create-new-system-partition/

Compton,

I tested the health of the hard drive using crystal disk

Double clutch,

I only had 1 hard drive in the machine.

Thank you all for all of your help and support!
I am glad you got your problem sorted, Problem Solved -Thread Closed