Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows searches being slow
it should also set windows services back to default are you set getting error?

(09-10-2016, 02:51 PM)Partha Wrote:  Please try the advice given by Slashgeek at https://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2786642/windows-search-indexing-broken.html

If that does not work, you can try the restore of system services as Compton advised
I followed the instructions but the file paths are incorrect don't exist.

(09-10-2016, 04:24 PM)Compton Wrote:  it should also set windows services back to default are you set getting error?

Still getting the same error.

(09-10-2016, 02:10 PM)Britec Wrote:  Do you have Indexing Options disabled?

I don't think so.
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

(09-10-2016, 05:26 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  
(09-10-2016, 02:51 PM)Partha Wrote:  Please try the advice given by Slashgeek at https://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2786642/windows-search-indexing-broken.html

If that does not work, you can try the restore of system services as Compton advised

If you directly copy and paste either of those paths in the run box and enter, at first it may throw an error stating that the path is incorrect

It happened with me too at first and so I looked for and opened the folders individually based on the paths, and was able to locate the files that Slashgeek asked to remove

Make sure that before you try this, all the hidden items are set to be shown

(09-10-2016, 05:56 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-10-2016, 05:26 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  

If you directly copy and paste either of those paths in the run box and enter, at first it may throw an error stating that the path is incorrect

It happened with me too at first and so I looked for and opened the folders individually based on the paths, and was able to locate the files that Slashgeek asked to remove

Make sure that before you try this, all the hidden items are set to be shown

I couldn't find any folders past the data folder in the path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows.

(09-10-2016, 06:22 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  I couldn't find any folders past the data folder in the path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows.
Yes, you won't and I was not referring to the folders past that folder either. Since you stated that the paths were incorrect, I wanted you to access the paths in the other way

Nevertheless, you would have to delete all the files inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows

you would also have to remove all the files inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Temp

(09-10-2016, 06:35 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-10-2016, 06:22 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  I couldn't find any folders past the data folder in the path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows.
Yes, you won't and I was not referring to the folders past that folder either. Since you stated that the paths were incorrect, I wanted you to access the paths in the other way

Nevertheless, you would have to delete all the files inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows

you would also have to remove all the files inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Temp

There are no files or folders in the temp folder.

(09-10-2016, 06:37 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  There are no files or folders in the temp folder.

Okay, I hope you removed all the files from the other folder and that all the hidden items are set to shown

(09-10-2016, 06:39 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-10-2016, 06:37 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  There are no files or folders in the temp folder.

Okay, I hope you removed all the files from the other folder and that all the hidden items are set to shown

Ok I have removed all the files that you told me to and I am ready for the next step.

(09-10-2016, 06:47 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  Ok I have removed all the files that you told me to and I am ready for the next step.
Okay. Please restart your PC and see if the issue persists

I hope you didn't receive any access denied popups while removing the files from those folders

(09-10-2016, 06:53 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-10-2016, 06:47 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  Ok I have removed all the files that you told me to and I am ready for the next step.
Okay. Please restart your PC and see if the issue persists

I hope you didn't receive any access denied  popups while removing the files from those folders

Ok I restarted my computer and the problem is gone thanks. Big Grin