Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Drive ?
Hi there this could be because of how old your hard drive is. It can also be about the motherboard and PCU falling. But if the Hard Drive still works normally on the OS your fine. If you Hard Drive is making weird sounds that is a good first sigh your drive is going. If this continues just get an SSD or a different Hard Drive like an WWD Blue.

Timster and Compton are right...especially since Crystal Disk Info is Cautioning the drive, and it's not passing any test that you throw at it. The only last effort that I would make, is clone the drive with a device they call a toaster "not with software" and try to recover data from the clone...

Someone also said that the drive should be alright if it just has a few bad sectors...It can, but eventually the bad sectors will cause the system to BSOD. The drive reallocates these bad sectors on it's own, but when it runs out of reserved clusters...It's trash. However there are programs out there that will remap these bad clusters to a new cluster...Though I would not trust the drives integrity afterwords and would only be good for data recovery.

I see he ordered a new drive, but still posting for future reference..
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

I replaced the Hard drive

Thread Closed
WannaBeGeek

(10-19-2016, 12:37 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Someone also said that the drive should be alright if it just has a few bad sectors...It can, but eventually the bad sectors will cause the system to BSOD
That someone was me. If the SMART test passes, usually the hard drive lasts

I can say this from personal experience.

Chances of BSOD are very unlikely if the affected disk is not primary