Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best wireless card for a desktop gaming PC, can I install it in my sys
(09-16-2016, 11:06 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok using a USB adopter was not the best but with buying wifi adopter card its not be all and end  fix

the wifi adopter is a important part yes but you have to take other things in consider here like

• the wifi range on the router
  • how much speed can be send over wifi
  • how much seed the router support
  • the placement of router
  • how much wifi channel the router support
  • are you getting interference from  anything in side your home  
  • are you getting interference  from outside your home
  • what your is internet speed
  • ping soeed

okay thanks compton, but I am right, I don't need a wireless card if I plug an ethernet cable into my computer using the BT Broadband Extender 600 Kit, Powerline Adapter.

no you would not

(09-16-2016, 11:15 PM)Compton Wrote:  no you would not
Okay so I can buy the BT Broadband Extender 600 Kit, link it up with my router, take upstairs, plug it into a socket, then plug in a ethernet cable from the extender to my computer, Am I correct?

yes you plug one into router and the next one upstairs

(09-16-2016, 11:46 PM)Compton Wrote:  yes you plug one router in to router and the next one upstairs
Cheers Compton, I am going to buy it now, can you provide some instructions on how to set it up.

Broadband Extender 500 Kit manual

(09-17-2016, 12:09 AM)Compton Wrote:  [url=https://www.shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/8w3t/broadband-extender-500-kit-user-guide.pdf]Broadband Extender 500 Kit manual
Thanks, Compton, I have ordered it, it will come tomorrow, will let you know what happens!

Thanks, Compton! The extender came today and followed the steps exactly and it works perfectly, best connection ever Smile. Quick question, by using these extenders, will it affect the devices in the house using a wireless connection?

no everything should connect and work with the router keep in mind if you are using lots of bandwidth you will slow down the speed
of other devices in the house

(09-18-2016, 06:51 PM)Compton Wrote:  no everything should connect and work with the router keep in mind if you are using lots of bandwidth you will slow down the speed
of other devices in the house
Explain what bandwidth is again, sorry! I haven't dealt with bandwidth for a long time Big Grin

I am serious, could you please remind me