Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Install Error:0xc1900101-0x2004
my opinion is if i download large ISO file with mobile internet, ISO file might be corrupt

i am using CenturyLink DSL and i have downloaded windows 10 ISO file and didn't get corrupted

I will try to download a new ISO - Maybe it was corrupted, and I was also told by my local Technician that Sometimes Virtualization or bios problems can stop it too - He recommended that I disable any virtualization and also that secure boot can be a problem. He also says that He could NOT get Windows 10 to install to a particular Dell Laptop, so he says that there can be flukes. I will keep everyone advised when I try it again

I also had a problem this afternoon: My Technician replaced my Hard Drive, and my Video card at my parents direction, and Today, He had to replace this crappy Dell 300 Watt Power Supply with a 500 Watt - Cheap PC's run lower wattages.

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

yes it could very well be that the computer is not compatible with windows 10

but its a process of troubleshooting

Compton:

Just a quick update on this one:

It has been quite some time since I attempted a windows 10 upgrade on my friend's HP Pavilion G6. I attempted to do this again This Tuesday, using the Assistive Technology upgrade page: (included here is also the Anniversary Update) Windows 10 Assistive Technology Upgrade

It took 2 tries, but after a couple bumps in the road, she installed and it is working well - This upgrade did not seem to have any issues, except that there is some sort of error that is detected sometimes, and after it says "we will restart again for you in a few seconds" it will boot into windows 10 just fine.

The problem that seems to be rampant is that there are so MANY copies of the Media Creation Tool that I cannot seem to keep up with them, and I may have used an older version, but this AT Upgrade site's installer seems to be working great. I just need to figure out the STOP CODE for the error on the startup, and then if it gets bad, I can fix that.

Where can I get the MOST current version of the MCT for Windows 10 - They change so fast it is ridiculous Smile

Once I figure this out, I will make my own multiboot drive Wink

Brian

(05-25-2016, 03:57 PM)Compton Wrote:  the ISO could be corrupted try re downloading it  you should use a flash drive

create it using Rufus  https://rufus.akeo.ie/
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

hi  baker long time no see

this should be it

Download Windows 10

or can download the iso manually

Download Windows 10 Disc Image

When doing any upgrades at least with me i uninstall antivirus software before i begin and why i do this is because antivirus software can prevent files from being changed and by doing this i haven't ran into any problems and also like compton said stay in front of the computer while you are installing or upgrading windows on and if youve installed windows a lot you can estimate how long each step takes and check your pc through out the process of the upgrade or install but it is recommended to sit in front of the computer until the install is done.