Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
issue with memory
hey guys I upgarde my computer with 16GB modules and now and then I keep getting this error? I look forwared to hearing from you guys thanks.
also should i upgrade to windows 10?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q_bT1IKwzihro7oIp-MtHolELKLQffCb4XOE0BWzwsQ

Yeah, I would if I was you. With that said if you are going to update, your error issue may and may not follow. Something to think about. If you are sure the issue came with the installation of the memory try taking memory out and resetting it. Push down firmly. Let us know what you decide.
WannaBeGeek

I think I will try to reseat the memory first, also do yoga think I should upgrade to an ssd?
(10-08-2016, 05:25 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  Yeah, I would if I was you. With that said if you are going to update, your error issue may and may not follow. Something to think about. If you are sure the issue came with the installation of the memory try taking memory out and resetting it. Push down firmly. Let us know what you decide.

This may not be the case, but worth a shot... If this is a mass production PC, You may want to reinstall the old memory, then go to Crucial.com and run the Crucial System Scanner to see if your system can handle what your upgrading too. If it is a custom PC, check your motherboard information.

Crucial System Scanner will also tell you if your system can accept an SSD...Upgrading to an SSD is always a good thing "if compatable"
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

what are the specs of the computer did you put new memory in the computer do you have a link to the 16GB memory?
What's the manufacturer & the model number of the computer?

Gabe_G please upload the photo to the forum because what some times will happen, people will post a link to a photo, then the next 2 morning the link is dead

hey Larry thanks for your help, what do you think of windows 10 and do you use an ssd? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.
(10-08-2016, 01:55 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  This may not be the case, but worth a shot... If this is a mass production PC, You may want to reinstall the old memory, then go to Crucial.com and run the Crucial System Scanner to see if your system can handle what your upgrading too. If it is a custom PC, check your motherboard information.

Crucial System Scanner will also tell you if your system can accept an SSD...Upgrading to an SSD is always a good thing "if compatable"

Hi Gabe_G!

Windows 10 is a good operating system, so far, but Microsoft still are working to remove any bugs, glitches and problems with the OS so it is not reliable as of yet. I would recommend Windows 7.

I would also recommend an SSD because it is faster than a normal hard drive. Your computer will load up faster and your speed will be fast too.

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper

Hi there if you are getting an error with your 16GB ram it could be that your motherboard does not support it or that you may have the setting of the ram speed wrong. Also make sure they are in correctly.

Also if I was you I would get Windows 10 as it is very easy and fast to use. You can also buy an SSD up to you but an SSD will increase the speed of loading times on anything. One more thing to say that make sure that your motherboard can go up to 10GBs per second on the drives as that can boast up your performance for you SSD.

One more thing if your motherboard has an MEM OK button next to the ram press it and have a see if the ram works then as the motherboard will try to sort the ram out by it self.

thanks for all your help guys.