Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
win 10 anniversary stuck
My first time here. I'm not to savvey.
I had windows set to automatic updates and it was fine until the anniversary came out.
It updates to 85% and gets stuck there. It vererts back again to win 10 Pro version 1511

I now shut off the updates. Not sure what to do?
Thanks for any tips.
hobo

you can do a clean install of windows 10 the iso should have already been updated to the win 10 anniversary

[quote='Compton' pid='16287' dateline='1475937580']
you can do a clean install of windows 10 the iso should have already been updated to the win 10 anniversary

Thank you for the reply and video links.
Now when making a clean install, it means I have to install all my other softwares seperate again?
Right now i keep mirrow images of my drive.

Also when I had win7pro it updated to win10 no key nessassary.
Looks like the clean install I need to purchase a key?

Would you please reply to my questions...:-)
Thanks

(10-09-2016, 02:55 PM)Hobo Wrote:  
(10-08-2016, 02:39 PM)Compton Wrote:  you can do a clean install of windows 10 the iso should have already been updated to the win 10 anniversary

Thank you for the reply and video links.
Now when making a clean install, it means I have to install all my other softwares seperate again?
Right now i keep mirrow images of my drive.

Also when I had win7pro it updated to win10 no key nessassary.
Looks like the clean install I need to purchase a key?

Would you please reply to my questions...:-)
Thanks
Hi Hobo, yes when performing a clean install, you are wiping the drive, so you will need to reinstall your programs, you will also need to backup all your data before hand. I suggest you create a system image backup before you do a clean install, this will backup windows and your data. This is important because if there is a problem with installation, you can revert back.
I would recommend you to use Macrium Reflect Free: https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
look at this video created by brian on how to do that using macrium reflect:

Also answering your question about needing a key to do a clean install, you don't to purchase a key, if you upgraded windows 7 to 10 for free using windows 10 upgrade advisor, then you don't need a key, just click skip when it asks you for a key.
Keep in mind that you need to be running the same hardware from when you upgraded from 7 to 10 for a successfully activation.
Hope this helps
RECdevicehelper

RECdevicehelper got it correct

its important that you create the Macrium Reflect recovery media you will need it to restore the image

(10-10-2016, 01:58 AM)Compton Wrote:  RECdevicehelper got it correct

its important that you create the Macrium Reflect recovery media you will need it to restore the image
True, thanks Compton for reminding me