Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing videos using Edge: Cast to device says "Nothing to stream on Page"
Good Morning:

I have found a favorite website. What I want to do is to play the content on this website from my Windows 10 Box (Thrush) to my Xbox One - The Site is: Starcade Dot TV

When I fire up edge, I can get the site to come up, I click "Shows" and there are several of these to watch. The problem is that these files are somehow "embedded" into the window square on the page, and when I click the three dots to say "cast to Device......Then choose Xbox One" What I get is a banner that says "Starcade TV in red on the TV behind me, and on Thrush I get "Nothing to Stream on Page."

Is there a way to force this content to play on XBOX One - I hate edge because there is no way that I know of to play mp4's mp3's and other content without using flash, because it is embedded, and the version of Edge used by xbox one is crippled, or lacks the ability to make it work - Is there a way to make it work? I can go to the site and play the video, but cant cast it, and I heard there was a way to stream content to other devices on your network, but the videos are ONLINE and NOT on Thrush.

Thoughts??

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us