Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 MSN news app and others News apps will not play Video
After researching all forums/online suggestions I've still not be able to get my videos to play using the Windows 10 apps. I've uninstalled the apps, put a fresh copy of windows 10 on my computer. have uninstalled and reinstalled the adobe flash player and java. What I find a bit strange is that in many efforts to get the video to play inside of the windows 10 app the commercial plays fine when attempting to open data but once the commercial is done I get the message that the video is unable to be played. Can you help?

(10-14-2016, 06:03 PM)PhilipMoore1953 Wrote:  After researching all forums/online suggestions I've still not be able to get my videos to play using the Windows 10 apps. I've uninstalled the apps, put a fresh copy of windows 10 on my computer. have uninstalled and reinstalled the adobe flash player and java. What I find a bit strange is that in many efforts to get the video to play inside of the windows 10 app the commercial plays fine when attempting to open data but once the commercial is done I get the message that the video is unable to be played. Can you help?
Hi PhilipMoore1953, Thanks contacting Britec Tech Support Forum!

Is it just the Windows 10 Store apps that not working? Can you listen to other videos, such as YouTube videos or anything else on your computer besides the MSN News App and other news apps?

RECdevicehelper

Also, please make sure you have installed the latest windows updates ( you are up to date).

And also post your system specs using Speccy. Please follow Brian's tutorial on how to do that: https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=665

(10-14-2016, 06:24 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(10-14-2016, 06:03 PM)PhilipMoore1953 Wrote:  After researching all forums/online suggestions I've still not be able to get my videos to play using the Windows 10 apps. I've uninstalled the apps, put a fresh copy of windows 10 on my computer. have uninstalled and reinstalled the adobe flash player and java. What I find a bit strange is that in many efforts to get the video to play inside of the windows 10 app the commercial plays fine when attempting to open data but once the commercial is done I get the message that the video is unable to be played. Can you help?

Is it just the Windows 10 Store apps that not working? Can you listen to other videos, such as YouTube videos or anything else on your computer besides the MSN News App and other news apps?

RECdevicehelper

Also, please make sure you have installed the latest windows updates ( you are up to date).

And also post your system specs using Speccy. Please follow Brian's tutorial on how to do that: https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=665

[url=[url=https://speccy.piriform.com/results/6savNug7frxCDwbGSxs5XlW]Speccy stats[/url]]speccy stats[/url]

1. The windows app play intermittently to exclude all media driven material. When the app is opened and asked to play a video it intermittently will play some commercials. Other times I don't have the privilege (burp) of watching the commercials.
Other video coming from youtube or from any other source coming straight from the internet plays fine. When I cleaned the disc and started with a fresh copy of W-10 the news apps played fine but only for a very short period of time. couple of days.

I've updated my OS to the latest updates.  

(10-14-2016, 07:50 PM)PhilipMoore1953 Wrote:  

RECdevicehelper

[url=[url=https://speccy.piriform.com/results/6savNug7frxCDwbGSxs5XlW]Speccy stats[/url]]speccy stats[/url]

1. The windows app play intermittently to exclude all media driven material. When the app is opened and asked to play a video it intermittently will play some commercials. Other times I don't have the privilege (burp) of watching the commercials.
Other video coming from youtube or from any other source coming straight from the internet plays fine. When I cleaned the disc and started with a fresh copy of W-10 the news apps played fine but only for a very short period of time. couple of days.

What disc? are you referring to the windows 10 disc?

Sorry to be so slow be in and out of the house today. Expecting a storm.
I plugged in my Win 10 Flash drive formatted the HD and reinstalled the Win 10. Still no joy!

(10-14-2016, 07:55 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(10-14-2016, 07:50 PM)PhilipMoore1953 Wrote:  

RECdevicehelper

What disc? are you referring to the windows 10 disc?

OK where did you get the windows 10 ISO? I understand you installed Windows 10 using a usb flash drive but you would need a iso to extract it on the usb

Originally I had win 8 on a my new laptop. I went from there to updating to windows 10
I downloaded the windows 10 From Microsoft which supplied me with the ability to download and install a fresh copy of windows 10. I saved the iso onto a flash drive and am able too format the computer hard drive and reinstall windows 10 as a clean install
The upgrade starts with a tool called windows media update tool. This is the URL as to where I downloaded the media install tool.

When at first I updated to win 10 there was data on the HD windows 8, after the system was updated to windows 10 I then went back to the windows media tool and did a clean install of Windows 10. I'm not sure I'm explaining myself very well. I apologize

sorry i left out the URL here it is: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(10-14-2016, 10:28 PM)PhilipMoore1953 Wrote:  Originally I had win 8 on a my new laptop. I went from there to updating to windows 10
I downloaded the windows 10 From Microsoft which supplied me with the ability to download and install a fresh copy of windows 10. I saved the iso onto a flash drive and am able too format the computer hard drive and reinstall windows 10 as a clean install
The upgrade starts with a tool called windows media update tool. This is the URL as to where I downloaded the media install tool.

When at first I updated to win 10 there was data on the HD windows 8, after the system was updated to windows 10 I then went back to the windows media tool and did a clean install of Windows 10. I'm not sure I'm explaining myself very well. I apologize
No need to apologise, you are explaining yourself very well, I understand what you are saying. You upgraded using the media creation tool from microsoft! Makes perfect sense

Sorry PhilipMoore1953, cross posting isn't allowed:
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-fails-when-using-windows-10-news-app.229951/

Please read the Forum Rules #20

(10-14-2016, 11:36 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:   Sorry PhilipMoore1953, cross posting isn't allowed:
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-fails-when-using-windows-10-news-app.229951/

Please read the Forum Rules #20

I was advised they didn't have the answer to my question they have closed the inquiry. I dont' see any type of duplicate posting with me putting up a new post with different wording. I know what the rules I don't believe I've over stepped the conditions. if you will notice the latest post with britec it reads RE: Windows 10 MSN news app and others News apps will not play Video

which is nothing near 'word for word' for this post.
I've read the conditions regarding cross posting I would appreciate clarification.