Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 stuck in clean install
Hi Guys

I tried a clean install of windows 10 64 bit from disc,it goes all through the procedure till it asks for region/time zone then the customize settings(I have tried both express & customize)

then it's just a moment then reboots

window appears with the loading circles and then I am back to home/country/region=8 times now

what can I do to get this loaded and working

Any help would be appreciated

Crazyhorse

Where did you obtain the disk?
WannaBeGeek

(11-05-2016, 09:39 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  Where did you obtain the disk?

I downloaded it from software geeks.com when I got the product key

I would suggest you start over and make a new copy of Windows 10. If you need help doing this we will be more than happy to assist. Try to put the OS on a USB. Microsoft has a website where this is possible I can find you a video if you would like?
WannaBeGeek

I have the original windows 10 pro on backup on a external drive but as soon as I switch on the PC it just carries on region etc

It wont allow another disc to even start including AOMEI boot disk.

the only usb I have is 7.25 gig would that be enough

Yes please Double clutch

You need to do a fresh install with a new OS I believe this will solve your problem. You sound pretty savvy.

(11-05-2016, 09:55 PM)crazyhorse1876 Wrote:  I have the original windows 10 pro on backup on a external drive but as soon as I switch on the PC  it just carries on region etc

Yes please Double clutch
yes

(11-05-2016, 09:55 PM)crazyhorse1876 Wrote:  I have the original windows 10 pro on backup on a external drive but as soon as I switch on the PC  it just carries on region etc

Yes please Double clutch

OK be right back with some information

Here is a windows 10 fresh install video  

Her is where you get the OS.     https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Here is how to make a bootable flash drive Windows 10

WannaBeGeek

I just realised the windows 10 pro was a free upgrade from windows 7 ultimate but i do have a key which I bought from software geeks

(11-05-2016, 10:32 PM)crazyhorse1876 Wrote:  I just realised the windows 10 pro was a free upgrade from windows 7 ultimate but i do have a key which I bought from software geeks
If you upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro for free, you don't need a product key, all you need to do is click skip when it asks for the product key, then proceed with the installation, setup your system, i.e. local account and etc. Once you are at the desktop, connect to the internet and Windows should activate automatically. Note: If you can't connect to the internet, go to another computer, download the latest wireless driver or Ethernet driver from the manufacturer website depending if you are using a cable from your router or connecting to it wirelessly. Then save the driver to a USB, plug it into the PC with internet issue and run the setup.exe and install it.

Also once Windows is activated, restart the system for everything to take affect. Then download all the missing drivers from the manufacturer website and install latest important Windows updates.

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper

ok, why don't you call Microsoft to make sure the product key is genuine. Yeah if you did a upgrade you are golden and you have an electronic product key
WannaBeGeek

(11-05-2016, 11:47 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  ok, why don't you call Microsoft to make sure the product key is genuine. Yeah if you did a upgrade you are golden and you have an electronic product key
Yep he did upgrade for free and has electronic product, see below what he said:
crazyhorse1876 Wrote:I just realised the windows 10 pro was a free upgrade from windows 7 ultimate