Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which partitions to backup with Macrium Reflect
Have a brand new ideapad 310-15ikb and there are 7 partitions on the drive!!!! I want to use Macrium Reflect to make some backups in case anything gets corrupted on the OS, I know I need to image the Windows partition however what are all these others for? Which ones do I need to backup so that if the main windows gets corrupted or say I want to bring it back to an earlier state, I know that other partitions are used as part of the booting process. In this case I am not sure which ones....

In order they are
SYSTEM_DRV                                          22.7MB of 260MB used
None (unformatted)                               16MB of 16MB used
Windows                                                   27GB of 890 Used   ( I know this has to be 1 of the ones backed up)
Lenovo                                                      1.83GB of 25 used  
WINRE_DRV                                            368MB of 1000MB used
Lenovo_part                                            11.84GB of 13.43GB used
LRS_ESP                                                    522MB of 1000MB used    

some of are them uifi partitions Lenovo recovery partitions I would backup all them

Thanks, I did do that as one master backup, however from a practical day to day I just want to back up what is needed for a restore of windows. Which partitions are essential other than the C drive is what I am trying to determine.

essential partitions for the restore of windows
  • system DRV
  • None unformatted primary
  • Windows E
  • WinRE-DRV
  • LRS-ESP