Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uplay error at hooking api “ntprotectvirtualmemory”
I posted this on the Ubisoft Uplay forums as well as opening a ticket with customer care.
But that can be a waiting game for them to get back to you.
A reply on this subject, said they opened a ticket 4 weeks ago and they got a reply yesterday.
I don't want to wait  4 weeks for a reply.

I just reinstalled windows 8.1, after having a few errors in the old installation.
I have just Installed Uplay, now I'm getting.

error at hooking api “ntprotectvirtualmemory”
Dumping first 32 bytes
E9 8B 1B 68 FD 64 FF 15 C0 00 00 00 C2 14 00 90
B8 50 00 00 00 64 FF15  C0 00 00 00 C2 14 00 90

I also just Installed Steam, and It's working fine, just for comparison

Is there a way to check If Windows 8.1 memory Is good or bad.

On looking at other threads, It says that some antivirus or malware programs can cause a conflict with certain files, well I've tried that, still get the problom.  
I uninstall Uplay as well as the graphics drivers, rebooted, Reinstalled both.
No effect, still get the problem.

What I want to know Is what Is It, apart for being obvious to do with the virtualmemory

Is there anyway to tell If programs are In conflict with certain files.
Is there any programs that can tell If certain files are In conflict with another

Just to mention, last night when I was shutting the pc down. A blue screen appearer and said something like “Memory Management” would this have something to do with the
error at hooking api “ntprotectvirtualmemory”.

Is there a way to check If Windows 8.1 memory Is good or bad.

Quote:Is there a way to check If Windows 8.1 memory Is good or bad.
Start in Safe Mode
Control Panel ---- Administrative Tools
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Select the first option

Your computer should then restart and check the memory.

Adding to GuiltySpark's post, the computer will automatically restart once it has finshed and after you have signed to your windows account and you are at the desktop, you will receive a notification tell you if your memory is bad or not.

I ran a scan using the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, no fault's In the ram which Is a relief.

Is there any programs that analyses a programs start up process and the files used, In the start up process, to find any corrupt files used or certain files that are In conflict with one another.

I'm pretty sure there are they'll be some type of diagnostic program that analyses the start up process of programs like, Uplay for example.

(12-20-2016, 10:39 PM)bleulander Wrote:  I ran a scan using the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, no fault's In the ram which Is a relief.

Is there any programs that analyses a programs start up process and the files used, In the start up process, to find any corrupt files used or certain files that are In conflict with one another.

I'm pretty sure there are they'll be some type of diagnostic program that analyses the start up process of programs like, Uplay for example.
Try these two programs:
Process Monitor
Process Explorer

I don't pretend to understand anything about the registry of Windows 8.1.
But I don't think It has anything to do with the registry.

Watching the start up process of both Uplay and Steam, their both doing about the same thing. Different processes hear and there, but basically the same start up process.

(12-20-2016, 11:58 PM)bleulander Wrote:  I don't pretend to understand anything about the registry of Windows 8.1.
But I don't think It has anything to do with the registry.

Watching the start up process of both Uplay and Steam, their both doing about the same thing. Different processes hear and there, but basically the same start up process.
Programs, drivers and system settings are stored in the registry, The registry is a database, if there are problems with a program or windows, it could be a registry problem,
(corrupt registry key or incorrect value).
I would suggest you watch this video to fully understand the registry, it is nicely explained by Linus, all credit goes to him:

I know this is not a registry thread so I will leave it at that. But this is something to think about

Also is steam and Uplay installed on the same hard drive?