Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10: Bug Check 0x154: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
Hello Everyone:

I have a friend that asked me to do a windows 7 to windows 10 upgrade.  It went well, except that each time it is turned on or reset, there is an ERROR message that shows me a sad face, then says that it needs to restart, then it counts off "0, 10, 20, 30, 40" ... all the way up to 100%, then it restarts, and works well, but I cannot figure out what the problem is, because I cannot find anything that indicates what driver, or issue is being reported.

Compton says I should look at the Error Log in the Event Viewer, but I am not sure what I am looking for.......can someone point me in the right direction, so I can solve this error?

Thanks for all your help Wink

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

you are getting bsod

how to post a blue screen report with WhoCrashed on the forum

how to post blue screen dump file on forum with bluescreenview

Good Morning Compton:

A couple things before we start this adventure:

1.  This is an HP Pavilion G6 Laptop, Belonging to a friend, originally Loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium.  It was working great before an upgrade, and I did NOT have any problems other then having an AV on there that I had to uninstall and it works good now with Windows 10 Home.  

2.  I was able to read the error that comes up on the Bluescreen:  It says in English:  "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION"  By doing a small amount of research, it seems to indicate that a driver is the culprit, or that it is specific to HP's:  I do not want to mess around reinstalling drivers all over the place, because I would think that windows is smart enough to be able to know what drivers work with the windows 10 upgrade - The computer needs to be back by Wednesday, January 11th at the latest.  I want to make sure that there is not going to be a major problem here:  One thing that seems to be indicated, is that in the research I have done is that the Sleep Mode may be one of the causes, but It may be drivers, and I want to make sure we can fix this:  If this thing goes down, I am dead meat!

This is what I looked at briefly about the problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-fix-unexpected-store-exception-error/8cf70b0f-5c32-4f48-b74d-361ed6b48c79?page=1

Attached, please find the WhoCrashedOutput and the Dumpfile.txt files you have requested Using WhoCrashed and BlueScreenview - If you could get back to me on this as quickly as you can, that would be great Smile

Thank You Compton Smile

Brian

Attached Files
.htm   WhoCrashedOutput.htm (Size: 10.83 KB / Downloads: 8)
.txt   dumpfile.txt (Size: 2.05 KB / Downloads: 3)
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us

ok I would create a image so if things go north west or south we can restore from it

How to Get System Information for Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy

ok let's start with memory run a memtest86 test

if you have more then one memory test them one at a time

(01-06-2017, 04:22 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  How to Get System Information for Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy

I have BOTH a msinfo32 system Info file and a Speccy Screenshot Smile

Brian
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us

it would be better if you post the logfile

(01-06-2017, 04:48 PM)Compton Wrote:  it would be better if you post the logfile

DONE

Text files  coming up.....

Brian

Attached Smile

(01-06-2017, 04:29 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok let's start with memory run a memtest86 test

if you have more then one memory test them one at a time

Have made the Memtest86 Pen Drive: Awaiting System Image completion

Attached Files
.txt   msinfo32-output.txt (Size: 2.78 MB / Downloads: 7)
.txt   HP-PAA-specs.txt (Size: 187.9 KB / Downloads: 3)
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us

(01-06-2017, 04:21 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok I would create a image so if things go north west or south we can restore from it

Compton: System Image has been created successfully - Does this include all of the files that are in the file system such as iTunes libraries and the like??

Brian

Compton:

Memtest86 was running normally, then shut down unexpectedly: says that it shutdown to protect the PC from overheating (It was hot) Then when I activated it again, it said it was running normally: should I use the one pass method, or something else? If this test keeps shutting the machine down, how can I proceed??

Brian B.
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us