Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alienware HHD problems?
My computer Alienware X51 has Blue Screen Troubleshoot problem, This problem has started 2 months ago when i just got my computer from dell. At first the computer seemed to run fine and it was an amazing experience playing games online with this type of computer. But soon I started to have screen problems, slowing opening(for example when I open google it took like 5 mins to open) and lastly the wireless internet would stop working and then gave me a blue screen saying that my computer had a "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" problem. So I called dell asking them to fix the problem because I bought the computer two month ago and that its weird that a brand new computer has so many problems with only a short amount of time.I got warranty from their service to help me fix my computer and they didn't fix anything they only updated drivers like Nvidia, The bios and uninstall and reinstall the Alienware command center. They keep doing test to my computer but the Hard drive and everything else in this computer doesn't detect the problem. Dell costumer service said and keep repeating that the computer has no problems at all. But I asked them then whats problem that I'm having with this computer if "everything seems to be fine?" they had nothing else to say but only that its a windows 10 problem. It has been a year now and and this computer still has blue screen problems, this Blue Screen comes randomly and I don't know what to do. Sometimes my computer will not shut down correctly, the lights from my Alienware will disappear in rare times and it is just so weird that they couldn't find a problem with this computer. I learned to updated all the drivers, I send it to dells factory shop (were they only changed windows) and lastly I reinstalled windows 10(deleting all my files). But the issue still appears but this time the blue screen informs me that it has a "Driver_Power_State_Failure". After having this problem for a long time now, my only answer that i gather from various cites, people that fixes computers and dell costumer service... is that my computer is having some Hard Drive problem.But if any other things that might be the problem, I would love some information about it. Also I was thinking on buying a new Hard drive or replacing the HHD for an SSD(will that solve my problem?) so thank you for your time, i hope i get some feed back soon.

what is your operating system?

how to post a blue screen report with WhoCrashed on the forum

how to post blue screen dump file on forum with bluescreenview

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

(01-09-2017, 01:45 AM)Compton Wrote:  what is your operating system?

so if i do all this and lets say for example it passes everything...then what should i do next?

well if the hard drive test have pass successfully  

base the bsod reports I would have Ideal on what to do next

this how it work ZPT

(01-09-2017, 03:21 AM)ZPT Wrote:  
(01-09-2017, 01:45 AM)Compton Wrote:  what is your operating system?

so if i do all this and lets say for example it passes everything...then what should i do next?

Omg thank you i finally know what the problem with my computer has. Apparently it has multiple crashes on this thing called ntoskrnl.exe. Here is some more info.
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010617-30531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14F506)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFFD00050A6F5C0, 0xFFFFB580969BE900)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFFD00050A6F5C0, 0xFFFFB580969BE900)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

what can i do now?

can you please upload whoWhoCrashed report & bluescreenview to the forum

did you run the hard drive test?

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

Yes, I did run the hard drive test and it pass both smart and quick test.

Attached Files
.txt   dump.txt (Size: 1.85 KB / Downloads: 628)
.htm   WhoCrashedOutput.htm (Size: 13.06 KB / Downloads: 866)

ok complete SFC scan also post your system specs

So I just completed my SFC and it said that "window Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation".

Attached Files
.txt   Alienwareinfo.txt (Size: 2.63 MB / Downloads: 926)

what is your Service tag ? for the computer

you will need this because i would like you to re install some drivers