Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd Keyboard Behaviour
Hello. I'm not sure this is the right forum as I'm in doubt its a hardware- or software-issue I'm struggling with.

I have a samsung 900X laptop with windows 10 Home installed.2 weeks ago the keyboard startet to behave bad.

At startup I get the Windows logon, and are able to input my password. After windows desktop comes up, the keyboard are dead. ome very few times the keybard is working in 2 minutes before it dies.
I have tried everything with the drivers, reinstalled Windows 10, and also downloaded some tweaking software, but with no result.
The funny thing is that when I enter BIOS to ensure everything is ok, the keyboard is dead even there.
I have opened the laptop to ensure there is no connection problems to the motherboard, but it seems ok.

Is this a known issue for somebody out there, or does somebody know of a really good hardware testing utility that can help me?

Hoping for help.
Torbjørn

(01-15-2017, 10:05 AM)teegeetee Wrote:  Hello. I'm not sure this is the right forum as I'm in doubt its a hardware- or software-issue I'm struggling with.

I have a samsung 900X laptop with windows 10 Home installed.2 weeks ago the keyboard startet to behave bad.

At startup I get the Windows logon, and are able to input my password. After windows desktop comes up, the keyboard are dead. ome very few times the keybard is working in 2 minutes before it dies.
I have tried everything with the drivers, reinstalled Windows 10, and also downloaded some tweaking software, but with no result.
The funny thing is that when I enter BIOS to ensure everything is ok, the keyboard is dead even there.
I have opened the laptop to ensure there is no connection problems to the motherboard, but it seems ok.

Is this a known issue for somebody out there, or does somebody know of a really good hardware testing utility that can help me?

Hoping for help.
Torbjørn
Hi Torbjørn,

You have posted on the right forum!

That is strange, you are able to type your login password but you are not able to use it at the desktop, you say the bios can't detect it, that would normally assume the hardware is not working, very strange!

What keyboard do you have?

How long have you have it for?

I would suggest you first try to plug it in a different port then let us know the results!

(01-15-2017, 10:28 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(01-15-2017, 10:05 AM)teegeetee Wrote:  Hello. I'm not sure this is the right forum as I'm in doubt its a hardware- or software-issue I'm struggling with.

Hoping for help.
Torbjørn
Hi Torbjørn,

You have posted on the right forum!

That is strange, you are able to type your login password but you are not able to use it at the desktop, you say the bios can't detect it, that would normally assume the hardware is not working, very strange!

What keyboard do you have?

How long have you have it for?

I would suggest you first try to plug it in a different port then let us know the results!

Hello, and thanks for quick reply.

Its my internal laptop-keyboard, and it startet about 2 of january.

OK I would like to get some more info about the system:
How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy
How to Get System Information for Diagnostics and Troubleshooting

Do you have an external keyboard you can try?

(01-15-2017, 11:18 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  OK I would like to get some more info about the system:

Here is my specs:
https://speccy.piriform.com/results/UzRRQ60KmyTxYt1Dt3wUdVw

(01-15-2017, 01:40 PM)teegeetee Wrote:  
(01-15-2017, 11:18 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  OK I would like to get some more info about the system:

Here is my specs:
https://speccy.piriform.com/results/UzRRQ60KmyTxYt1Dt3wUdVw
Thanks and could you post this one:
https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=2804

(01-15-2017, 10:05 AM)teegeetee Wrote:  The funny thing is that when I enter BIOS to ensure everything is ok, the keyboard is dead even there.

What exactly did you see in BIOS that makes you say that the keyboard is dead there?

(01-15-2017, 12:47 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Do you have an external keyboard you can try?

I'm currently using an external wireless keyboard from Logitech. Works fine

Open Device Manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks beside the keyboard label (if you have more than one showing you will have to look for the non Logitech version).