Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should I install drivers?
Normally after a fresh install of windows, I go to device manager and check which drivers are missing, then I go to the manufacture page and download the latest missing drivers and install them! Is this a good way? Or should I download every single motherboard and install them?

By default Win 10 will search for the correct drivers from the manufacturer and pick the latest one(s)(which is why you should be connected to t'internet when installing).

There is nothing wrong with checking for missing drivers afterwards, in the old days you would need drivers in advance but not nowadays.

(02-15-2017, 09:45 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  By default Win 10 will search for the correct drivers from the manufacturer and pick the latest one(s)(which is why you should be connected to t'internet when installing).

There is nothing wrong with checking for missing drivers afterwards, in the old days you would need drivers in advance but not nowadays.
thanks mate!!!

windows 10 will download drivers from the manufacturer website but to be honest I don't trust windows 10

when it comes to drivers so it always good to check on the manufacturer for drivers

very many people haven problems with windows 10

windows 10 deleted my CCleaner automatically i don't know why

(02-15-2017, 10:25 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(02-15-2017, 09:45 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  By default Win 10 will search for the correct drivers from the manufacturer and pick the latest one(s)(which is why you should be connected to t'internet when installing).

thanks mate!!!

No worries.

(02-15-2017, 11:27 PM)Jon Gilbert Wrote:  very many people haven problems with windows 10

windows 10 deleted my CCleaner automatically i don't know why

This usually happens after a major update (service pack in laymen's terms) such as Anniversary update and it'll probably happen again after the next major update, not entirely sure why but I think it may have something to do with the online image system Win 10 incorporates.

Yeah i agree compton, at first i thought windows 10 was gonna be the beez neez i was arguing with people that would say windows 10 is dumb but after using it i just find more reasons to hate it.

Thanks guys for the advice! Another thing, when I am installing drivers, should I disconnect from the internet? Or can I stay online?

You should be ok with the internet off but the setting below might be a problem depending on the setting you chose

If you do not know how to get this setting let me know and ill help you out

Cheers Smirk24, so for now on, if I don't want windows to download drivers automatically, I disconnect from the internet and choose the option "No, let me choose what to do".