Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is autoruns compatible with windows 8.1?
I ran autoruns to check for issues on my pc because ive been having some hangups on my system well i got to the drivers part of autoruns and its showing drivers that i dont even have on my system or at least im not supposed to. at the bottom are my system specs and the drivers i am talking about in auto runs and then some.

System Specs
https://speccy.piriform.com/results/yqfG4emehh6QRovWPJ8A3Xm

List of autorun drivers

.txt   SMIRKS_LAPTOP.txt (Size: 45.54 KB / Downloads: 923)

What drivers in particular?

Were the programs removed thoroughly? Usually remnants will be left behind no matter what removal tool was used.

It was an nvidia driver and i cant think of the other one but the laptop this is on is an hp 15 f272wm notebook that doesn't have any nvidia drivers so im hoping its a compatibility issue with 8.1 and autoruns if its not then i should probably delete the nvidia dri ers id assume lol

Not sure why you're getting those show up if there were never any installed. Huh

Thats what im saying i wonder if it has to do with the updates i downloaded and installed from wh downloader. If there was an update or something that was a fix for nvidia cards

It's a possibility I suppose, never encountered it before so wouldn't know for sure.

It wouldn't be compatibility issue with windows 8.1 and autoruns? I just dont want to start doing stuff to find a solution and really autoruns labled my driver as nvidia and its not

Well autoruns is designed for Vista+ so you may have to contact the creator Mark (can't remember his name) and ask him in case it is a bug.

Oh okay thank you

This may be of interest to you:
https://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how_to_disable_it.html

see how many Nvidia(s) show up.