Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot connect to Windows Service
Since yesterday morning when I booted up into Windows 8.1 I keep getting the above message on startup. It says standard users cannot log in.

Nothing has changed that I know of. Any ideas where to start would be great.

Please refer to article at the link below and upload the file with the list of all the installed software on your pc. I would suggest using the PowerShell command

https://www.howtogeek.com/165293/how-to-get-a-list-of-software-installed-on-your-pc-with-a-single-command/

I would also like you to run sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt and see if it detects any corruptions.

(02-26-2017, 11:39 AM)Partha Wrote:  Please refer to article at the link below and upload the file with the list of all the installed software on your pc. I would suggest using the PowerShell command

https://www.howtogeek.com/165293/how-to-get-a-list-of-software-installed-on-your-pc-with-a-single-command/

I would also like you to run sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt and see if it detects any corruptions.

Right I've got as far as getting a list of all programs from Powershell but I'm afraid I don't really understand how to convert it to a text document. Can you make it simpler?

boot into Command Prompt How to boot to Command Prompt

enter following command
Code:
netsh winsock reset

then restart the computer

(02-26-2017, 04:57 PM)Super Mario Wrote:  Right I've got as far as getting a list of all programs from Powershell but I'm afraid I don't really understand how to convert it to a text document.  Can you make it simpler?

Absolutely! All that you have to do is enter the same command in the PowerShell but this time towards the end, you would need to enter the path where you would like the text file to be saved

For instance, if you want the text file to be created on your desktop, and if you want to name the file as InstalledSoftware, you would need to enter the following command

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* | Select-Object DisplayName, DisplayVersion, Publisher, InstallDate | Format-Table –AutoSize > C:\Users\*your user profile name*\Desktop\InstalledSoftware.txt

If you need any help with this, please let me know

Well this is weird. Boot up just now and no message at all. Strange. Watch this space.

its booting up to windows now no error massage?

test the hard drive

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows