Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should an ssd be optimized in windows 10?
Question 
How should an ssd be optimized in windows 10?

Specs: https://speccy.piriform.com/results/llqd0d1qWPE0dAxSKNfd8Ml

.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 14.55 KB / Downloads: 605)

Just open the disk defragmenter, select the drive you want optimized and click on "Optimize".

P.S. The way in which an SSD is optimized, is different than the way in which a hard disk drive is optimized

(03-21-2017, 07:06 PM)Partha Wrote:  Just open the disk defragmenter, select the drive you want optimized and click on "Optimize".

P.S. The way in which an SSD is optimized, is different than the way in which a hard disk drive is optimized
Interestingly, I have always thought that using windows defragmenter slows down an SSD after dealing with many systems. I usually disable it and make sure trim is enabled. That is my opinion on it anyway.

The picture I posted must of confused you guys. I posted the picture because I'm not sure refs disable delete notify is.

I'm wanting to know how to actually optimize like speed up my ssd because I'm only getting maybe half the speeds that was listed for the ssd

post your speed with crystal disk mark

should be the same on windows 10

The video you showed me i already did all except the page file because i only have 8gb of ram thank you though

This is what im supposed to have

.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 92.72 KB / Downloads: 53)

But im only getting these speeds

.txt   CDM_20170320190239.txt (Size: 1.92 KB / Downloads: 26)

i am using windows 7 now

it works super flawlessly than windows 8.1 and windows 10

I think the problem is the system itself post your system specs

https://speccy.piriform.com/results/llqd0d1qWPE0dAxSKNfd8Ml

So after doing some snooping around in my system i turned off receive side scaling on my system and i went up a bit

.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 76.02 KB / Downloads: 37)