Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot do a recovery on windows 10 or anything
Hello, I am having a hard time trying to get my pc back up and running. I have a lenovo H50-55 series with windows 10 home. The other day when I started my PC the recovery stuff showed up. So I went to the motions to return to this PC option and got an error.

then I went to hit the recover my PC and save files I got an error
then i did the system restore and got an error
i did the command prompt with the bootrec stuff that went ok

but for unbeknownst reason windows 10 will not install or boot up.Is there any suggestions on this folks if Im doing anything wrong.

your suggestions and help is appreciated thank you

Do you remember the error name and code or is there away you can post a picture of the error?

(03-23-2017, 11:38 PM)itsjustdave Wrote:  Hello, I am having a hard time trying to get my pc back up and running. I have a lenovo H50-55 series with windows 10 home. The other day when I started my PC the recovery stuff showed up. So I went to the motions to return to this PC option and got an error.

then I went to hit the recover my PC and save files I got an error
then i did the system restore and got an error
i did the command prompt with the bootrec stuff that went ok

but for unbeknownst reason windows 10 will not install or boot up.Is there any suggestions on this folks if Im doing anything wrong.

your suggestions and help is appreciated thank you

No I dont it doesnt give a code it just says we have encountered an error

Try creating a Windows 10 boot disk or usb. Boot to it then select "Repair Your Computer".  Then select "Troubleshoot". From that point try running a "Startup Repair". let us know the results.

.jpg   images (1).jpg (Size: 3.91 KB / Downloads: 33)

.png   images.png (Size: 5.38 KB / Downloads: 32)
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(03-24-2017, 02:01 PM)Timster Wrote:  Try creating a Windows 10 boot disk or usb. Boot to it then select "Repair Your Computer".  Then select "Troubleshoot". From that point try running a "Startup Repair". let us know the results.

Thanks I will give it a shot and get back with you thanks

(03-24-2017, 02:01 PM)Timster Wrote:  Try creating a Windows 10 boot disk or usb. Boot to it then select "Repair Your Computer".  Then select "Troubleshoot". From that point try running a "Startup Repair". let us know the results.

Good news I got my PC up and running with the media creation tool and gave it a clean install without all the junk trial stuff.Thanks again for your help

solved tread closed