Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Disk peak to 100%
        [attachment=2557][attachment=2557]                 Here's what I have done so far had many problems on my hp Pavilion m7

Ran Tech Tool Store according to your Britec Virus Removal YouTube Video This is more or less the blow by blow on this

Ran Tech Tool Store

Malware Removal Tools

BitDefender AntiCrytoLocker

Combofix

ESET Rogue App Remover

HitManPro

Malwarebytes AntiMalware

MS Malware Remover Tool

OTL

Hijack This

Kapersky AVZ Tool

RogueKilller

VIPRE Rescue Scanner

GOT NOTHING

Then had Critical Process Died Error Blue Screen that kept popping up

Then Checked C Disk With Crystal Disk
and then ran Disk Check and found Toshiba Hard Disk BAD had bad sectors and could not compete test  

Backup C Drive (Toshiba) and Cloned it to my 1 TB Samsung SSD

Solved every problem except  Drive is maxed out @ 100%  when idle when start to work drive percent drops down to 80% some time below  just like Toshiba Hard Disk was doing

Suspect some sort of Nasty Malware that is hard to find and is missing with processes

Also have 2 external drives for editing video made by G Tech a 1 TB and a 2 TB

Your Help is Critical Worried the Malware may destroy the New Samsung SSD 1TB drive now in my machine

Thank you so much in advance

Pauli

What did crystal disk info tell you when you ran the program?

You can try a clean boot the link I posted below shows you how to do so. After you perform a clean boot you will be able to notice if its software related that your hard drive is being taxed and then we can start to knock out what software is taxing the hd

https://youtu.be/m9VJI_9Wf3Y

Wait if its idle that's 100% then you don't have anything to worry about its when another process is taxing the hard drive that would be a problem and you'll know if the any of your resources are being maxed out because you won't be able to do anything because it'll just freeze.

But if crystal disk info says your hard drive is bad then you'll need to backup the important stuff to some type of storage and replace the hard drive that is bad

(03-24-2017, 08:08 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  Wait if its idle that's 100% then you don't have anything to worry about its when another process is taxing the hard drive that would be a problem and you'll know if the any of your resources are being maxed out because you won't be able to do anything because it'll just freeze.

But if crystal disk info says your hard drive is bad then you'll need to backup the important stuff to some type of storage and replace the hard drive that is bad

Thank you smirk24 will get to work on this trying to update my post with pictures Also something is taxing the system when idle and nothing running but the Task Manager is shows the C Disk drive @100%

Thank you for your help

tile change from Hard Disk pegged @100% hp laptop

to

Hard Disk peak to 100%

move the thread to Software Repairs and Troubleshooting

(03-24-2017, 06:36 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  What did crystal disk info tell you when you ran the program?

You can try a clean boot the link I posted below shows you how to do so. After you perform a clean boot you will be able to notice if its software related that your hard drive is being taxed and then we can start to knock out what software is taxing the hd

https://youtu.be/m9VJI_9Wf3Y

Ok have ran the Clean Boot according to this YouTube video after Cloning to my Samsung 1TB SSD
Have the same problem SSD Samsung C Drive still being taxed still peaking @100% see attached picture

i know i heard many people haven problems using windows 10

well i can see you have updated the post with some photos

I see your hard drive is in Caution that could very well be why the hard drive is peaking to 100%

I would replace the hard drive you can also run test with test with How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

also post the dump file  

how to post blue screen dump file on forum with bluescreenview

how to post a blue screen report with WhoCrashed on the forum

(03-24-2017, 10:20 PM)Compton Wrote:  well i can see you have updated the post with some photos

I see your hard drive is in Caution that could very well be why the hard drive is peaking to 100%

I would replace the hard drive you can also run test with test with How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

also post the dump file  

how to post blue screen dump file on forum with bluescreenview

how to post a blue screen report with WhoCrashed on the forum
But he has an ssd which also tells us that it has to be windows 10, but yeah replace the Toshiba hard drive

ya rec he just backup the C drive too a SSD but the actual hard drive he is using in the system is a normal one