Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 has a new version next to 1607?
Question 
Ive noticed on my updates on windows 10 it says "Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?" Has anyone researched this and if so will it be worth upgrading to?

I ask because im using an ssd and i dont want to upgrade if i dont need to.

it is a mandatory update

AskVG link

It would definitely be worth it as there would be additional security capabilities apart from the other features. I think it's in the beta now and if you're an insider or become one, you can get the beta

(03-30-2017, 03:30 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  I ask because im using an ssd and i dont want to upgrade if i dont need to.
But what does the SSD have to do with that...?

I don't want to write that big of a file to my dad and it has issues and than have to reinstall windows. If I was to get the beta version would I have to upgrade to the version that comes out in April?

(03-30-2017, 04:12 PM)smirk24 Wrote:  I don't want to write that big of a file to my dad and it has issues and than have to reinstall windows. If I was to get the beta version would I have to upgrade to the version that comes out in April?
I understand but it's an important update. I would advise waiting for the stable release instead which would be rolled out later in April, as the beta may lead to issues.

just use windows 8.1 to avoid upgrade notification