Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win10 Creators Upgrade issue.
Hi all,

I attempted to upgrade to the creators version of windows 10 (pro) today using the windows 10 upgrade assistant. It managed to download, verify and got to 74% of installing before going back to the opening screen asking me if I want to upgrade. I did this twice and each time it went back to the opening page at 74%.

I had dropped the shields of my AV (Avast), even though others havent had a problem with Avast.

The only thing I can think stopping it might be the usb cable from my monitor to the PC? The cable makes the usb connections on the monitor operational. It's a long shot. But apart from that someone else suggested to use disk cleanup?

The odd thing about this is so far I've not read a post of the upgrade assistant doing this behaviour.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Should I wait for the update to come through the normal windows update and see if it works then?

Any help here: http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-creators-update-common-problems-and-fixes

BowdonUK make sure to turn your antivirus and firewall before upgrading.

Make sure to select disable all shields option by  right clicking on the icon of your antivirus and disable all shields until system restart .

Turn off your firewall by pressing the windows logo on your keyboard and r key at the same time there will be a box with a search bar type in services.msc
When the services box shows up go all the way down to windows firewall and disable the service then run the upgrade

Also when the upgrade process starts going up don't use your computer unless you have to wake your system
Please be sure to post the out come afterwards

Thanks for the help guys.. I got it working.

I had unplugged the monitor usb cable and did some disk cleaning. I'm not sure if this did any good.

But also before I started I kept hitting Update and 3 updates for the then current version of windows downloaded.

When I tried to do the update again, it did the same thing at 74%. So just out of frustration I hit update again and this time it was downloading it using the Windows Update.

It reached the problem and loaded up a Fixing problems window. It said Glyph program was stopping the update. Glyph is a launcher from TrionWorld games. It asked me to uninstall it. I wasnt keen on that. So I clicked the X and went in to Glyph. It updated the client. As it was updating I was browsing the trion site and it had announced a client update for windows creators update. So I thought maybe its now up to date.

So I pressed the Fix button on Windows Update and it again was scanning for faulty programs. This time none came up and it installed!

Just goes to show unexpected programs can cause a problem.

thanks for sharing it with us I am sure it will help someone

glad you got everything working Smile

thread closed