Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 usb 2 partitions how does this happen after freshly formatted?
I have 1 usb that shows up as to partitions in my explorer window how does that happen when I freshly formatted the flash drive?
Its not a big deal I don't think, its just something I haven't had happen before lol

thers no model number it just has Samsung USB 3.0 16gb

Link to the usb flash drive

https://chickadeesolutions.com/products/samsung-16gb-usb-3-0-flash-drive-muf-16ba-am-16-gb?variant=18824985797&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=&utm_term=&utm_content=

Usb I'm talking about

How the usb is displayed

1. plugin the flash drive
  2. open Device manager
  3. select Universal usb  serial bus controller
  4. select the flash drive
  5. right click on it select uninstall
  6. restart the computer

If that's a freshly formatted drive, then how comes it's roughly a third full?

It looks like you went to disk management to format the USB, and instead of a format, you created a 3.93GB partition on the drive. Other than that possible scenario...I have never seen this happen before.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

I have no idea but its formatted through windows format tool that is located when you right click on the device and then click format. I used ntfs format with the default sector settings.

But yeah I havnt seen this happen before also.

Also when I put the usb in it popped up with 2 separate windows telling me that I needed to format the both of em but its only one stick

I can only guess but maybe the file system of the USB drive is corrupt and maybe that is why it shows the space being used although it's not. Try this

First, delete that partition from the disk management console as illustrated in the video below

Next, from the file explorer, right click the drive, select Format..., click Restore the device defaults, uncheck Quick Format and start the format

Thanks partha, that worked we can close the thread.

(04-13-2017, 07:10 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  Thanks partha, that worked we can close the thread.

You're welcome, Smirk