Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiFi Network Not Work on ACER E14 E5-474-51GZ with OS Windows 7,8,8.1
Hi everyone there ...

A few days ago I've been facing a big problem (according to me) about how to install a WiFi driver component from one of Acer's products namely Acer Aspire E14 E5-474-51GZ. At the beginning I'd tried installing OS Windows 7 x64 and all drivers had been installed correctly but there was one of features can't be accessed is WiFi-Network, the on/off button of WiFi network wasn't active (can't be switched). Then, the same thing/case I found when I tried installing OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64. Could you help me please how to find and get a best solution for my problem above (before I try installing OS Windows 10) ?

Thanks before and after.
# Appreciate and respect others first, before others appreciate and respect you. #
# You are polite, we are reluctant. #

I tend to find that hooking up to the net via Ethernet and allowing the first set of updates to go through solves it.
What does device manager say?

(05-04-2017, 04:10 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I tend to find that hooking up to the net via Ethernet and allowing the first set of updates to go through solves it.
What does device manager say?

Hi GuiltySpark,

I also had tried updating via internet many times, like using Slim Driver UPDATER or IObit Driver UPDATER but still fail and fail. And maybe my last trial is use Windows 10. Smile
# Appreciate and respect others first, before others appreciate and respect you. #

You don't need to use driver programs for laptops (or at all) they tend to download the wrong ones anyway, I was referring to Windows updates.

Still would like to see device manager.

what is the model number of the laptop

(05-04-2017, 05:36 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  You don't need to use driver programs for laptops (or at all) they tend to download the wrong ones anyway, I was referring to Windows updates.

Still would like to see device manager.

hm.. unfortunately, laptop had been taken by the owner 2 days ago. So sorry I can't send you a screenshot of Device Manager. And my question about Windows update is whether impossible for us to update "wrong driver" only in this thing is WiFi driver or we must update Windows over all ?

(05-04-2017, 05:40 PM)Compton Wrote:  what is the model number of the laptop

ACER E14 E5-474-51GZ, if refer to the official site of Acer listed with model E5-474. And not only me face this problem.

It's not impossible to update the wrong driver which is why you have to be careful. I often find a Windows update can take care of missing wifi options after a fresh install but without having the device manager it's hard to know what's happening.

If you no longer have the laptop in question then there is very little that can be done.

(05-04-2017, 07:48 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  It's not impossible to update the wrong driver which is why you have to be careful. I often find a Windows update can take care of missing wifi options after a fresh install but without having the device manager it's hard to know what's happening.

If you no longer have the laptop in question then there is very little that can be done.
yeah I agree, not a lot can be done if we don't know what is happening with device manager

(05-04-2017, 07:48 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  It's not impossible to update the wrong driver which is why you have to be careful. I often find a Windows update can take care of missing wifi options after a fresh install but without having the device manager it's hard to know what's happening.

Thanks for your suggestion and advice. I don't promise but if one day later if possible I will send and show you about device manager info.

(05-04-2017, 07:58 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  

yeah I agree, not a lot can be done if we don't know what is happening with device manager

Hi RECdevicehelper,

Be patient please, connecting the owner to contact me again.

Maruf Wrote:Hi RECdevicehelper,

Be patient please, connecting the owner to contact me again.
No worries Ma'ruf

Take your time Smile