Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep and hibernate problem on windows
Sleep: Laptop is automatically waking up frequently from sleep..and sometimes restarting if I try to wake up the system..specially when charging.
Hibernate: during charging It also causing problem to hibernate..automatically wakes up..
{{{{most of all sometimes after waking up from hibernation there are no sound..sometimes I have to restart and sometime if I again hibernate, it solves the problem..but this does not happen everytime.most of the time when it wakes up on it's own the problem occur.What should I do to solve these problems specially the sound problem?}}}

post your system specs

Personally I would always advise against using Sleep and Hibernate on laptops as they often cause problems. You could check in BIOS to see if there are any 'Sound on Wake' type options, and also check Event Viewer for any info and task scheduler to see what's set to wake the computer and how.

Of course it could just be one of those things whether it be a little residue of electrickery in the system.

(05-18-2017, 11:16 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Personally I would always advise against using Sleep and Hibernate on laptops as they often cause problems. You could check in BIOS to see if there are any 'Sound on Wake' type options, and also check Event Viewer for any info and task scheduler to see what's set to wake the computer and how.

Of course it could just be one of those things whether it be a little residue of electrickery in the system.

Agree, however I think Windows 10 has gotten a bit better handling sleep.

I have seen a process running that causes the screen to pop on when the screen is in sleep mode. Are we sure we are not talking about that?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

It was ok in the first place guys..if It was a bios issu it would have happened every time i think..right?but it happens sometimes..

And compton here is the specs txt

Attached Files
.txt   msinfo.txt (Size: 675.24 KB / Downloads: 10,111)

I think the problem may be cause by a startup program

do a clean boot  Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10/8/7

then check to see if you still have problem

I have done clean booting.. most of the time It wake itself spotlight image changes

I how would turn off spotlight then check to see if it still will happen

In order to identify the cause for the wake, open the command prompt with elevated privileges and enter the command as follows 
powercfg -lastwake

https://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-to-prevent-your-computer-from-waking-up-accidentally/