Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to boot from USB
I prepared  a couple of bootable USB devices :
- Win10PE_x64
- Kaspersky Rescue
- Win10 install
My problem is that I can't boot from USB !!
I think I made the correct BIOS adjustments (see attachments)
I do not know exactly what "Launch CSM is being used for, so I left it untouched

Any idea ??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How are you making the bootable USB? Are you using software or cmd to make it bootable?

CSM stands for Compatibility Support Module, you will have to enable this to boot to other OS.

(06-06-2017, 09:09 PM)PCfreak Wrote:  I prepared  a couple of bootable USB devices :
- Win10PE_x64
- Kaspersky Rescue
- Win10 install
My problem is that I can't boot from USB !!
I think I made the correct BIOS adjustments (see attachments)
I do not know exactly what "Launch CSM is being used for, so I left it untouched

Any idea ??

Hey PCfreak…
"Assuming your USB was created properly"...In your BIOS Utility… Go To Boot Options, Enable Boot Menu and Disable Fast Boot..
Then what will happen, when your computer boots, it will show the option long enough to see what key to press to get to your boot menu (Esc, F1, F12, and etc.) Your USB Drive should show up in that Menu. (most of the time these options flash so fast you cannot see them)

After you’re done, go back into the BIOS Utility and change it back…

Also: I have found that when I have an issue booting from USB Drives...I create bootable USB's with Rufus "quick, simple, done..."
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all of you  for the suggestions and info.
Here's some additional info on my initial question.

- Win10PE_x64: USB created using Rufus and "Gandalf's_Win10PE_x64_ver.11-02-2015.ISO"
- Kaspersky Rescue 1st time: USB created using Kaspersky's "rescue2usb.exe" and "kav_rescue_10.iso"
- Kaspersky Rescue 2nd time: USB created using Rufus and "kav_rescue_10.iso"
- Win10 install: USB created using MediaCreationTool.exe
- Win10 Repair Boot USB Recovery Drive: USB created via "Control Panel"

Meanwhile I've done some research and tests.
Disabled "Fast Boot" and enabled "Boot Menu" in the BIOS as suggested.

Apparently, only "Win10 Install" and "Win10 Repair Boot USB Recovery Drive"
are recognized as bootable medium (see attachment).

All the rest does not appear in the Boot menu !! Non UEFI problem ??

EDIT
- Zorin OS install: USB created using Rufus and "Zorin-OS-12.1-Core-64.iso" is also recognized as bootable medium

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

what is manufacturer and model number of the computer

Before you hit the post screen start tapping on the boot options key. By doing so itll bring you to the screen that shows your options of devices you can boot to.

Rufas should of handled the windows 10 disk with ease but since it didnt you can use windows 10 media creation tool that will have you ready to go. As for the other disks ive also had issues some issues were to do with the how the software copied the boot files and others were driver related but i was able to boot.

Gandalfs windows 10 pe itd be best for someone else because i havent used that disk

Note: If i knew what manufacture made your computer i could tell you what button to push to access the boot menu.

Hi Guys,

Smirk24, F12 shows me the boot menu (see previous attachments)

Hereby my specs on speccy.pirform

My attempt would have been that if you have already mounted/loaded Windows 10 to your disk using a a tool like Win32 Disk Imager or Rufus then you would plug it into the machine you are wanting to load it to then restart the machine. During the bootup process you’ll one to hold down F12, F11, or F10 depending on the manufacturer. From there, select boot to USB device and the installer will run from your USB stick.

try using image usb to create bootable usb re download iso it might corrupted

how to write a ISO to a USB drive with image USB