Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Account Control issue!! Win10
Hey all!

Toshiba Satellite C55t-A
So I am having some issues with the UAC on Windows 10 (I am rather unfamiliar with win 10). I recently tried to add an admin/new gmail account in addition to the one I already have. When I try to access certain programs with administrator privileges only, a password is required on the UAC pop-up box. I never set up a password for that account but there is a password for the original admin account. Even though I am logged-in to the original admin account, it will ask for a password to the new admin account. I'm not able to access any programs without knowing the password. Not sure how to fix this or what I did wrong....

I have only researched some solutions to this problem which include:
Creating a shortcut with task manager
Using UAC Pass
Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit

I just want to know which option will be the most effective.

We can either troubleshoot to identify what the cause of the issue is or what you could do is delete that other account you created and start afresh.

Have you tried typing the password for the original admin account?

it sound to me like second user account is corrupted or you have the second user create as a standard user account

and you would the original admin password to run program or install program

(06-16-2017, 10:16 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Have you tried typing the password for the original admin account?

Yes I have tried that but it did not work...

(06-16-2017, 12:02 PM)Compton Wrote:  it sound to me like second user account is corrupted or you have the second user create as a standard user account

and you would  the original admin  password to run program or install program

I set both accounts to administrator
I'm sorry but I did not understand your last question. Can you rephrase?

quote='Britec' pid='2430' dateline='1418818542']
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.
[/quote]

Hey everyone

To try and give a better understanding of my issue

The first picture shows the admin account that I'm currently logged into....Which is Dianne (The original owner of the laptop)

The second picture shows the UAC pop up. This box comes up every time I try to open a program which require admin rights. (Reminder: I never set up a password for that account but it is asking for one anyway)

As previously stated, I did try to use the password on Dianne's account for the new account but that did not work.
I also tried deleting the new account and creating a new one, still no luck.
I have also tried changing the new account to have admin rights.....does not help

Hope this helps...let me know if you need more info

(06-16-2017, 02:11 PM)Compton Wrote:  quote='Britec' pid='2430' dateline='1418818542']
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.
[/quote]

Should I try and do the scan in safe mode? I can't open up command prompt(admin) without password.

Isn't that just your email password that you set up for Gmail? Have you tried using your Gmail password in UAC?

(06-16-2017, 04:07 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Isn't that just your email password that you set up for Gmail? Have you tried using your Gmail password in UAC?
Yes I have tried that as well....still nothing

(06-16-2017, 04:44 PM)JenoWells6923 Wrote:  Yes I have tried that as well....still nothing
It would be the Microsoft account password, not the password for your gmail account. Windows can only let you log in with either a local account or a Microsoft account.