Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows10 update trouble code 0x8024a105
My laptop with Windows10 Pro 1073 - updates are showing but when it comes to download it doesn't - it shows reentry but still does not work - then shows trouble code 0x8024a105.
Have carried trouble shooter but still does not cure problem thou it states that it has fixed.
Since this problem has arise it appears that all Windows10 updates have been removed.
Have Googled the problem and it has shown certain remedies and also tools to correct this but would like to ask which route to go down to correct fault.

Thanks davrob36

follow step 1 to 5

fix: Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

(06-21-2017, 12:26 PM)Compton Wrote:  follow step 1 to 5

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
4. Reboot and test.

Thanks will try your suggestion - fingers crossed
davrob36

(06-21-2017, 12:37 PM)davrob36 Wrote:  
(06-21-2017, 12:26 PM)Compton Wrote:  follow step 1 to 5

Perform SFC scan

4. Reboot and test.

Thanks will try your suggestion - fingers crossed
davrob36

Sorry to say Compton the scan did not find any faults - rebooted and retest - still the same.
Go to Windows Update and check for updates which it says are available - then comes up with Initializing updates - then it lists them (possible about 12)- the list goes down one by one till they all go - then comes up Downloading updates - goes to 1% and that's where it says - eventually it will come up with a phrase and explains it trouble code 0x8024a105.
Thanks for your help so far but have you any other ideas other ideas after goggling it mentions Catroot2 and Software Distribution ??
davrob36

did you try the fix from the link I posted?

(06-21-2017, 04:34 PM)Compton Wrote:  did you try the fix  from the link I posted?

Yes I carried out sfc/scannow and it did not find any faults - then I rebooted as your instruction and as I previously said that's what happened.

sorry if I am coming cross like if,I am asking one question more then one time

just want to be clear to make sure you cover everything Smile

you can try using Wusus to see if the updates will install  WSUS Offline Update

(06-21-2017, 05:00 PM)Compton Wrote:  sorry if I am coming cross like if,I am asking one question more then one time

just want to be clear to make sure you cover everything Smile

you can try using Wusus to see if the updates will install  WSUS Offline Update
Ok will have a look

Here is a fix performed in Command Prompt from Microsoft...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(06-22-2017, 02:08 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Here is a fix performed in Command Prompt from Microsoft...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

Thanks will try. WSUS did not fix as would not update to new updates only till March 2017.
Thanks again and try above later. davrob36