Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIx screen display stuck on 1366 * 768 resolution
Hello

I have HP 630 Laptop, runnning windows 7 pro. I also have LG 23 inch external monitor (LG), which I attach/connect to my pc.

The LG has maximum resolution capacity of 1920 * 1080 ( recommended), which is my desired resolution. Recently, I have noticed that, on a random basis, when I connect the LG, the screen resolution will be set at 1366* 768, with no option to change or adjust it.

I have run all windows updates and updated all my drivers but still nothing works. My display adapter driver is Intel ® Graphics driver, which is updated as well and all drivers under "Device Manager".

Please help as to how to make sure that my LG has maximum resolution at all times. One website once suggested that I pull the power plug of the LG while it it ON and wait for about 15min, before reconnecting it, so as to resert it to factory defaults, bit nothing works.

Kind Regards

Abzozo

Admins move this thread to Windows 7 section.

are you connecting by hdmi or vga?

did you try changing the resolution in the intel display manager ?

(06-30-2017, 11:57 AM)Compton Wrote:  are you connecting  by hdmi or vga?

did you try  changing the resolution in the intel display manager ?

Hello Moderator

I'm connecting via VGA.

Yes I tried that too,but nothing works. I does this on a random basis ( sometimes its ok and sometimes it is not).

Kind Regards

Abie

abzozo1 it's ok to call me by my name compton or comp for short

if you would like Smile

have you try to connect to a difference TV?

try a difference vga cable?

pins could be bent in the vga connector

Which model of LG is that?

(07-02-2017, 06:54 PM)Partha Wrote:  Which model of LG is that?

Hi Comp

Ii is LG W223S Flatron Screen

Kind Regards

Abzozo

I am partha but that's okay. Does the monitor show up under "Monitors" in the device manager?

(07-03-2017, 08:29 AM)Partha Wrote:  I am  partha but that's okay. Does the monitor show up under "Monitors" in the device manager?

Hi Partha

Yes,it does.It shows Generic Pnp Monitor and Generic Non Pnp Monitor

Kind Regards

Abzozo

Okay, please right click the Non Pnp Monitor, click Update Driver and select the option that lets it search online for the driver