Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Router and Internet issues!!!!
yes I would disconnect anything is that is not needed for the internet to work  but

like I said without a filter you can get static on line which could cause your internet to drop

if you have a telephone do you get static on line?

I would call the isp  to make they don't have a problem but what you can also is to buy some Dsl filters

to see if that would help and hook them up  

iMBAPrice® (Pack of 2) In-line DSL Splitter w/ Noise Filter

In-line DSL Filter w/ Splitter

Power Gear DSL Filter Phone Line (76246999)

(07-01-2017, 11:55 PM)JenoWells6923 Wrote:  
(07-01-2017, 10:24 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  What ISP are you using?

The problems could be related to your area.

I'm using wow! cable formally known as Knology....  <-----------Cable
There's also been a surplus of rain in my area as well

I've had bad weather before while using different routers/modems at the time but the router would never cut out like this...not this often at least

My other question is, besides checking into my ISP, are there other ways to troubleshoot this issue quicker?

Filters for the phone system only applies to DSL service to seperate the high frequency and low frequency that DSL uses on a shared line , His ISP is a cable provider.....

I have had many cases where the outside junction box has leaked and effected connection.. We had this issue at the location we just moved from. Call your service provider and have them check the line and the line connection.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

oh miss that it was cable thanks for catching that larry Smile

larry the tech guy/larry the cable lol just kidding larry couldn't help myself on that

(07-03-2017, 03:43 PM)Compton Wrote:  oh miss that it was  cable thanks for catching that larry  Smile

larry the tech guy/larry the cable lol just kidding larry couldn't help myself on that

lol@ Compton.... It's all good my friend!

But yeah, we had issues just like this at the other place...The box that the main cable connected to was getting rain in it causing intermittent outages...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185

yeah if water get into main box it will damage cables

but the reason why I said larry the cable guy because you said look like

larry the cable guy so do people be like hey there larry the cable guy lol

(07-03-2017, 10:31 PM)Compton Wrote:  yeah if water get into main box it will damage cables

but the reason why I said larry the cable guy because you said  look like

larry the cable guy so do people be like hey there  larry the cable guy lol

Yeah they have... And being chunky like Larry The Cable Guy, Larry The Computer Guy makes them chuckle..lol
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185

Lol, Compton the Name Maker, and Compton the Joke Maker LOL LOL Big Grin
just kidding Compton

rec don't laugh too hard you might cough yourself   Big Grin

JenoWells6923 in any case if it is the router what can happen is a power spike

it's good to use a surge protector

I had to help someone who was getting dreadfully low speeds and intermittent connectivity located in a rural area.   Having checked out all of the kit the ISP was eventually convinced to send out an engineer.
It turns out that two units (on poles) supplying the properties had copper connectors that were corroded due to water ingress.  Once replaced the speeds increased dramatically.  Do get on to the ISP to check their equipment.

(07-04-2017, 05:25 PM)Compton Wrote:  rec don't laugh too hard you might cough yourself   Big Grin

JenoWells6923 in any case if it is the router what can happen is a power spike

it's good to use a surge protector

Yeah everything is connected to a surge protector. A strong one at that...

(07-05-2017, 08:41 AM)Chunkystab Wrote:  I had to help someone who was getting dreadfully low speeds and intermittent connectivity located in a rural area.   Having checked out all of the kit the ISP was eventually convinced to send out an engineer.
It turns out that two units (on poles) supplying the properties had copper connectors that were corroded due to water ingress.  Once replaced the speeds increased dramatically.  Do get on to the ISP to check their equipment.

I called my ISP. They recommended I increase the internet speed. They tested the speed, connection and signal with the modem and router. They didn't see any issues other than it being kinda slow. Nothing major to the point they have to send a tech out to inspect it

Before: 10 down, 1 up
Now: 31 down, 5 up

Still having issues here in there but not as much...so idk lol