Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My desktop computer won't boot up.
Everyone,

My computer was just shipped out to me and when attempting to start it the boot only went so far - a few seconds - then stopped.  For some reason my monitor won't show anything on it.  I've taken off the side panels, unplugged connectors, remade sure everything was hooked up, etc.  Lastly is it possible to unplug the HD, as is in laptops, to get to the BIOS?  Now, the question is could I hook up an HDMI cable to a laptop and somehow see the boot in process?

What software is the best to boot from a CD/DVD?  Hiren's, Windows PE, UBD, etc?

Thank you!

ok, you said the computer was ship to you when you open the case was anything out of place was the box damaged the computer case Was shipped in?

(07-13-2017, 08:44 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok, you said the computer was ship to you when you open the case was anything out of place was the box damaged the computer case Was shipped in?

Not as far as i know. After it wouldn't I checked all the connections. If they weren't then they are now.

ok, let's be clear you are getting no display at all how are connecting to monitor by Vga Hdim?
Disconnect the hard drive also disconnect DVD drive because you don't need it for display

when you turn on the computer is the power supply fan spinning?

remove all memory and reseat them with the hard drive and DVD drive still disconnected
turn on the computer check to see if you will get the display

(07-13-2017, 09:35 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok, let's be clear you are getting no display at all how are connecting monitor by Vga Hdim?
Disconnect the hard drive also disconnect DVD drive because you don't need it for display

when you turn on the computer is the power supply fan spinning?

remove all memory and reseat them with the hard drive and DVD drive still disconnected
turn on the computer check to see if you will get the display

Thanks. Resetting the RAM is taking it out and putting it back in again? Hold on.

Actually I'm using VGA.

yes it is

The concern here for me is that it is a brand new computer that just arrived. Do not do anything that will void your warranty. Some manufacturers place tamper stickers on the side door and if that sticker is broken your warranty is void. I would only take your trouble shooting so far if the computer is under warranty.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(07-13-2017, 09:58 PM)Timster Wrote:  The concern here for me is that it is a brand new computer that just arrived. Do not do anything that will void your warranty. Some manufacturers place tamper stickers on the side door and if that sticker is broken your warranty is void. I would only take your trouble shooting so far if the computer is under warranty.

Actually the computer is a few years old.

why was the computer ship out in the first place to be fixed?

(07-13-2017, 10:01 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  
(07-13-2017, 09:58 PM)Timster Wrote:  The concern here for me is that it is a brand new computer that just arrived. Do not do anything that will void your warranty. Some manufacturers place tamper stickers on the side door and if that sticker is broken your warranty is void. I would only take your trouble shooting so far if the computer is under warranty.

Actually the computer is a few years old.

Ah good just making sure.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net