Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my converted os crashes in virtual box before i hit the desktop
I watched a video of britecs that he shows how to convert your current os to a virtual box but i used disk2vhd software instead of what britec used. the disk2vhd sostware completed successfully so i put it on the virtual box and started the os up on virtual box well i get passed the windows logo about to hit the desktop and my clone os crashes

system specs of the os that was converted to virtualbox

.txt   System specs.txt (Size: 438.03 KB / Downloads: 734)

Settings used to clone os

bsod

(07-16-2017, 10:35 PM)smirk24 Wrote:  I watched a video of britecs that he shows how to convert your current os to a virtual box but i used disk2vhd software instead of what britec used. the disk2vhd sostware completed successfully so i put it on the virtual box and started the os up on virtual box well i get passed the windows logo about to hit the desktop and my clone os crashes

system specs of the os that was converted to virtualbox

Settings used to clone os

bsod
From the looks of it, the drivers aren't comptable with virtualbox. But then that makes me wonder how it worked for britec? He probably waved his magic IT Wand on it LOL Big Grin

It was probably the software he used but i assumed you had to pay for it so i didnt use it lol

in this video, britec use VMware vCenter Converter Standalone which is free

but I think the reason you can't boot is that your system, specs is too low to run VirtualBox

Try booting up in safe mode and see if it errors out again, if not you'll have to work out which driver is causing the issue. According to the third parameter it was in the Read state.

Yeah im able to get into safe mode but with virtual box its difficult to really mess with all the drivers isnt it well from the settings that can be modified for the os in the virtual box?

just to be clear you try to boot into safe mode with the Virtualbox box OS itself

Yes compton. Im able to get into safe mode on the virtual box os that i am having problems with. The display driver and sound driver both show up standard in device manager but the problem still happens

I would disable any startup items that is not needed for booting windows in safe mode