Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deleat history / temp files in win 10
Hi guys, Wink got a question for you wizards ... I just upgraded from 7 to win 10 on my old laptop.
and to my surprise it works.. Rolleyes what I want to know, is there a way to clear / history / temp files on win 10 or should i install C cleaner.. I know about disk cleanup but is there a quicker way ?
I'm still learning guys.. Confused

(07-27-2017, 11:57 PM)dsldg2 Wrote:  Hi guys,     Wink  got a question for you wizards ... I just upgraded from  7 to win 10 on my old laptop.
and to my surprise it works..  Rolleyes  what I want to know,  is there a way to clear /  history / temp files on win 10 or should i install C cleaner.. I know about disk cleanup but is there a quicker way ?
 I'm still learning guys..  Confused

Ccleaner would be the fastest way "a few clicks and done" I would however download the portable version instead of installing the full version.

Get the portable .zip version from this page:

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

please i would like to know why portable version more better than installer version?

(07-28-2017, 04:04 AM)f23948 Wrote:  please i would like to know why portable version more better than installer version?
Well f23948,

With the portable version, you can instantly access ccleaner without waiting for it to install on the hard drive:

You can use put it on a USB and use it on mutiple machines without going to each machine and installing it.

Also the owner wouldn't know if it was used on the machine and it automatically deletes the registry keys from the HDD/SSD when the program closes.

Hope this helps

Disk cleanup is the simplest way just uncheck things you don't want removed, this will speed up the process somewhat. CCleaner will take roughly the same amount of time depending how you have it setup, mine is set to my specifics as opposed to the default option so it really comes down to how much cleaning you're going for.

(07-28-2017, 09:31 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Disk cleanup is the simplest way just uncheck things you don't want removed, this will speed up the process somewhat. CCleaner will take roughly the same amount of time depending how you have it setup, mine is set to my specifics as opposed to the default option so it really comes down to how much cleaning you're going for.
Very true! It does depend

Hi guys.. I think I have found the answer myself..
1 open settings.
2 click system.
3 click on storage.
4 then click ( change how we free up space} .. there is a button that says ( CLEAN NOW ) Smile
thanks for your he;p guys, and I hope this will help others..

How is that quicker than Winkey+R,

type 'cleanmgr' enter.

Still whichever way you prefer, if it works for you, it works.

(07-28-2017, 04:04 AM)f23948 Wrote:  please i would like to know why portable version more better than installer version?

To add to what GS said,

Back in the day "well not that long ago", Ccleaner just sat on the system "till you needed it" after you installed it, now it installs a monitor and runs in the background.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com