Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recover Outlook E-mails
Dear forum members,

Recently I re-installed PC of my friend (who asked me to do) but I forgot to make a backup from his Outlook 2016. And after I reconfigured he is missing older emails like for example from January 2017 month! Please if you know any solution please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Huh

Hi kdedoviq,

Sorry to hear that your friend has lost emails from the past, we will do our best to help you find them, but first we need to know some information!
  • What email provider is he using? e.g Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, etc
  • Is this a work or personal email?
  • If it is a work email, is it on an exchange server?
  • Does he have any other backups that he knows of (check any USB or external devices for backups)

Hi RECdevicehelper,

Thanks for your quick reply! That'a a work email they are using POP3 and SMTP protocols during the configuration. That is based on this site: sitemail.hostway.com. Unfortunately he doesn't have any backup because he also forgot to make one he just told me that he back up all his stuff from C drive to the D drive but forgot to make an backup / import from his outlook. Any solution ?

Regards,

(07-29-2017, 11:39 AM)kdedoviq Wrote:  Hi RECdevicehelper,

Thanks for your quick reply! That'a a work email they are using POP3 and SMTP protocols during the configuration. That is based on this site: sitemail.hostway.com. Unfortunately he doesn't have any backup because he also forgot to make one he just told me that he back up all his stuff from C drive to the D drive but forgot to make an backup / import from his outlook. Any solution ?

Regards,
Thank you for that information!

You said that you backed up his data from C to D. Outlook Backup (.pst) are automatically created in the documents.

Did you backup your documents to the D. If yes, check it out, look for something like outlook backup, outlook data file or the email address in question.

Edit: look for a outlook folder in the documents, that where the backup should be

With backup data I meant he just did copy/paste stuff from Desktop to his D driver that all! Huh

(07-29-2017, 12:09 PM)kdedoviq Wrote:  With backup data I meant he just did copy/paste stuff from Desktop to his D driver that all! Huh
Ah ok then.

How did you Reinstall windows? Did you format and reinstall or did you install on the same partition?

Is there a windows.old folder

Yes its same drive I just formatted that drive and install new OS reinstall method that we all use.

Z
(07-29-2017, 12:51 PM)kdedoviq Wrote:  Yes its same drive I just formatted that drive and install new OS reinstall method that we all use.
Ok then, since everything has been wiped, data recovery will be the next step. But before we continue, I would like to know if the drive which has lost the data, is it a HDD or SSD

That mentioned system is running Windows 10 x64 Pro version and have a SATA HDD also its a Desktop PC HP I think!

Regards,

Thank you!

Have a look at Britec's video on data recovery and run a scan:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZP24HedOdM

I would suggest for you to do a deep scan

Lets us know if you need any help with it.