Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to quad boot?
I have 2 hard drives (none are external) and i was wondering if i can install 2 os on each hard drive ?

yes you can install 2 OS on every hard drive

you would have to go into bios and select which hard drive you would to boot from A or B hard drive

I told you that Smirk was a mad scientist... QUAD BOOT?? lol
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

Smirk24,

It is very interesting how you want to install two OS on two different hard drives. If that was the case for me, I would would get really confused of the boot order Huh lol

Are you trying to test the performance of the system while having two hdd's running Windows? Or something of that nature?

Rich

(08-24-2017, 11:22 PM)RichTech Wrote:  Smirk24,

It is very interesting how you want to install two OS on two different hard drives. If that was the case for me, I would would get really confused of the boot order Huh lol

Are you trying to test the performance of the system while having two hdd's running Windows? Or something of that nature?

Rich

Well after trying to install linux along side windows 7, linux snagged my empty drive instead of sharing an hd with windows 7
Some how the idea and question happened lol

You would be better off disconnecting one drive before installing dual boot if you want to take that route. Personally I would go with separate HDDs for each OS ( it's just easier long term).

What brand is the computer you're doing this with?
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(08-25-2017, 02:31 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  You would be better off disconnecting one drive before installing dual boot if you want to take that route. Personally I would go with separate HDDs for each OS ( it's just easier long term).
Yeah I agree GS Wink

(08-25-2017, 02:51 PM)RichTech Wrote:  
(08-25-2017, 02:31 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  You would be better off disconnecting one drive before installing dual boot if you want to take that route. Personally I would go with separate HDDs for each OS ( it's just easier long term).
Yeah I agree GS Wink

I was more wanting to know if it was possible to quad boot lol

yeah I would say quad boot is not possible triple with in itself can be tricky