Photo 
Hi !

Has anyone had this issue?

Possibilities:

1. Screen
2. Cable pinched
3. Video card / chip
3. Inverter?

I really don't want to change every part so if someone has seen this "half-screen" issue
I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks
.png   monitor.png (Size: 333.33 KB / Downloads: 684)

did you reinstall the video driver?

if you boot Linux how will it display?

(09-07-2017, 08:22 PM)Compton Wrote:  did you reinstall the video driver?

if you boot Linux how will it display?

Thx Compton I will try those two.

What brand Gaming Laptop is it? MSI?

If it was a driver, the mirror of the desktop would show a half screen as well. Looks to me like the backlight on one side of the screen has blown out, or it may be a bad inverter.

So what I would do, is check the input ribbon/cable that goes from the motherboard to the LCD panel...If you see damage replace the ribbon/cable...If you don't see any damage, replace the LCD panel. The new panel will include a built in inverter...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(09-07-2017, 09:23 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  What brand Gaming Laptop is it? MSI?

If it was a driver, the mirror of the desktop would show a half screen as well. Looks to me like the backlight on one side of the screen has blown out, or it may be a bad inverter.

So what I would do, is check the input ribbon/cable that goes from the motherboard to the LCD panel...If you see damage replace the ribbon/cable...If you don't see any damage, replace the LCD panel. The new panel will include a built in inverter...

Thanks people! It was the cable from screen to mb bad.

Heart

(09-07-2017, 09:51 PM)zINc Wrote:  
(09-07-2017, 09:23 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  What brand Gaming Laptop is it? MSI?

Thanks people! It was the cable from screen to mb bad.

Heart

Awesome!! Way to go zINc!!!!

Problem Solved...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com